Citibank Credit card cancellation offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakabc

Intern
i called citi bank and told them i want to cancel the card and they call me back and gave me 10000 rewards point .....

any body have this kind of experience with citi bank ?

Well done I only got 7000 back in Oct last year when I threatened. I'm now back on the citi wagon as I've decided to go with SQ not QFF and CBA plat don't offer SQ transfers
Cheers Danger UXB

I had a big whinge at CB for being slow - slow at replacing my lost card -and they gave me 2,000 just to get me off the phone :D

i called citi bank and told them i want to cancel the card and they call me back and gave me 10000 rewards point .....

any body have this kind of experience with citi bank ?
10K points is quite a lot.

What were your circumstances if you don't mind sharing them?

How long have you been a customer?
What type of citibank card?
Do you pay balances off each month?
What type of spend/month?
Ever complained to citibank before and been credited something?

This will greatly assist others in achieving similar results :)

I had two bites at the cherry. First of all I said I was going to cancel as my card was due for renewal and asked if they could waive the fee for the next year. They agreed, but after reading the posts on this forum, I went back again and said that I was still considering whether to cancel or not as I was currently reviewing all my credit cards, I asked what incentives they could give me to stay with Citibank and they gave me 5000 points. Not quite as good as 10000, but I did not want to press my luck.

citibank gold for 4 yrs
12k per month spend paid off every month
Wanted to cancel offered 2000 points complained more as had capped my points and offered an additional 5000 and waived card fee for next year
cheers Danger UXB

10K points is quite a lot.

What were your circumstances if you don't mind sharing them?

How long have you been a customer?
What type of citibank card?
Do you pay balances off each month?
What type of spend/month?
Ever complained to citibank before and been credited something?

This will greatly assist others in achieving similar results :)

I told them i want a gold card free for life time and they told me it's not possible. i told them i joined the card and they told it will life time free about 6-8 months ago and said that could be mistake and we can reward you free 10,000 point and annual fees for the year is free .

i usually pay off my my credit card and i spend about 3-4k in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back