Citibank and Mastercard SecureCode / Verified by Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevePER

Established Member
Oneworld
Emerald
I'm trying to make a payment that requires Mastercard SecureCode or Verified by Visa. The Citibank website says (under the heading "Online Secuirty"):

To improve your safety when shopping online, Visa and MasterCard offer an exclusive service to keep you protected - Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode. All Citibank credit card customers are automatically enrolled for this service, so you don't need to register separately.
spacer.gif

But has anyone used it? I can't get it to work.

Used the securecode on my wizard. Don't use the citi online generally. What doesn't work? sometimes the sms takes up to 10-15+ minutes, if that is the issue.

Used the securecode on my wizard. Don't use the citi online generally. What doesn't work? sometimes the sms takes up to 10-15+ minutes, if that is the issue.
Maybe it is the website I was trying to purchase from, but it just gives me an error message implying that SecureCode is not enabled on my card.

In any case, its irrelevant now because the price has gone up so I ended up purchasing from someone else.

What is the wizard?

Maybe it is the website I was trying to purchase from, but it just gives me an error message implying that SecureCode is not enabled on my card.

It could be possible that your card was not enrolled for some reason.

The email I received from citibank when they launched Verified by Visa, like the website does now, also stated that enrollment was automatic

What is the wizard?

The 28 Degrees credit card Travel Card with No International Fees - 28 Degrees MasterCard

It used to be called the Wizard Clear Advantage card

Heh, sorry, archaic terminology. 28 degress indeed, though I still prefer the Wizard name.

I have seen something about this getting an sms from Citibank and hope it doesn't become standard as I only really use my Citi Debit card when overseas to avoid the extra fees and also often have my mobile just turned to flight mode so that i don't get any message bank calls or anything diverted to me and so cost me extra...

it's an online thing, not an overseas verification. also, SMS does not cost you anything to recieve on roaming, so it wouldn't be an issue. Just don't answer calls...

Yeah it was more while overseas that I had to transfer money a couple of times or get on and check the balance and all, but thankfully it wasn't a problem, and I just set it to flight to mode to make sure it doesn't somehow cost me anything... Maybe i am over protective of it...

Is that what this is called?

I don't remember having a choice in the matter but I was purchasing flights from CX website last week with 28 Degrees Mastercard when the transaction stopped although I thought it was processing. It was then that I realised the website was waiting on some sort of input and moments later I received an SMS and had to input code on website.

You would not want to be in a hurry to purchase these flights and one must remember to have their mobile with them at all times.

Only going to increase in frequency. Visa recently commented that apac merchants need to increase the usage of verified to help prevent fraud.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AustFreqFly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back