Citi Select Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

tharaka

The recent changes have prompted me to rethink the $700 for this card. In essence, the only benefit I've used so far is great reward rate of 2 for $1 and Priority Pass, apart from the free one nights stay. Although with PP, I should be able to cope with 10 visits per year.

I don't like point caps. So considering all this I'm not sure if I can still find a card of similar value that offers,
1. Good points rate
2. Uncapped points
3. Priority pass

Any tips with cards that you're using that falls in the above category? Thanks.

AFAIK, Amex Plat Charge is about the closest equivalent if you want unlimited PP, although how it compares on points earn depends on type and amount of spend. Or, probably better overall (again type of spend depend any), Westpac Altitude Black + separately purchased PP (it comes with PP, but you have to pay after the first two lounge visits per year).

If you don't want an Amex, you're out of luck I believe - there isn't another Visa or MasterCard that compares.

I just received a Citi Select statement and I am really pleased with the points result. Yes 5 Citi rewards points per dollar for international and 2 Citi Rewards points per dollar for everything else. The $700 fee in one month has produced points that I can use that are worth almost ten times that cost.
The fact that the points are warehoused is quite sweet.

10 times the fee in one month's spend is some SERIOUS spending I must say. 5 points per International $ is great and unmatched no doubt.

The Visa Virgin High flyer gives a good points rate of 1.25 velocity points per dollar uncapped. If your brand of whiskey is more Qantas than Virgin, that would obviously be of little use to you.

With an annual fee of under $300 you can buy a separate PP membership if you wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back