Citi Platinum VISA - 2 points per $1 special offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this 2 points per $1 special offer on the Citi Platinum VISA only for new applicants?! I just signed up a month ago...

Is this 2 points per $1 special offer on the Citi Platinum VISA only for new applicants?! I just signed up a month ago...

It seems like it, It looks like a great offer, I haven't been able to find a card which is more than 2pts per dollar, let alone a Visa.

I signed up about a month ago too, with the 50000 points bonus, but they only credited that to my rewards accnt. I've been complaining and they're going to look into transferring that into my qantas accnt because thats what I signed up for.

It seems like it only applies until January 2012 too

Spentan, does the 2 points per $ apply if you opt for Qantas FF sweep, or only Citi Rewards?

I was approved early this week, waiting on my card.

I see this as a dilution of their previous offer of 60,000 points on first spend. With the points cap of 120,000 annually, the maximum "bonus points" you can earn from this promotion is 60,000. A familiar number?

To be honest, can't blame them for trying to get people to actually use the card instead of just running a pack of gum through to claim the sign up bonus! The merchant fees on $60,000 would probably be worth close to $1,000 to Citibank.

I see this as a dilution of their previous offer of 60,000 points on first spend. With the points cap of 120,000 annually, the maximum "bonus points" you can earn from this promotion is 60,000. A familiar number?

To be honest, can't blame them for trying to get people to actually use the card instead of just running a pack of gum through to claim the sign up bonus! The merchant fees on $60,000 would probably be worth close to $1,000 to Citibank.

When I signed up a bit over a month ago, the offer was $249 annual fee plus 60,000 bonus points. I called customer service to confirm that the 60,000 bonus points were not included in the 120,000 points cap. The lady I spoke to said it was included. I asked for her to point me to the T&Cs but she couldn't and organised a call back. No one ever called back so I called again and was told the 60,000 was not included in the cap. Asked for the T&Cs and she also couldn't give it to me! She indicated that only a supervisor can give me that information but couldn't put me through to one! Organised yet another call back. Supervisor called, apologised for the painful process of getting an answer to a simple question and is sending me a letter in writing confirming what customer service officer 2 had told me. Citibank is useless.

Also complained about missing out on 1) half price annual fee promotion and 2) 2 points per $1 offer despite only signing up a month or so ago. Offered me the half price annual fee for the runaround but couldn't give me the points offer.

Points offer is useless if you have a large spend anyway...

I don't have any dependants or business expenses so it suits me fine. :)

The T's and C's do not specify a maximum $ spend that qualifies for points annually (like ANZ used to do), but rather a maximum number of points they will award annually with no provision, exemption or even mention made of bonus points. Might be out of luck there sorry!

I don't have any dependants or business expenses so it suits me fine. :)

The T's and C's do not specify a maximum $ spend that qualifies for points annually (like ANZ used to do), but rather a maximum number of points they will award annually with no provision, exemption or even mention made of bonus points. Might be out of luck there sorry!

Nah its all good. I am earning 1 to 1 with 60,000 bonus points and a 50% discount off the annual fee. Pretty happy with the result but a pain getting there. Once I earn 180,000 points, then its most likely see ya later Citi.

PS - 60,000 bonus points are definitely not included in the cap (letter will be evidence of this as Citi stupidly don't state it anywhere on their website or in T&Cs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back