Citi Plat Points Cap - Switching from QF to Citi Rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I have a Citi Plat card which comes with a 250,000 Citi Rewards points cap or Qantas direct earn cap.

At the beginning of my billing year, I was earning Qantas points directly but switched to Citi Rewards with 3 months left in the year. Has anyone else done this?

Reason I ask is because when you count the 1:1 Qantas points I was earning before PLUS the CR points I've earnt, I seem to have exceeded the 250,000 cap but I'm still receiving points. Does the cap refresh when you switch between Qantas direct earn and Citi rewards?

Cheers

Hi All

I have a Citi Plat card which comes with a 250,000 Citi Rewards points cap or Qantas direct earn cap.

At the beginning of my billing year, I was earning Qantas points directly but switched to Citi Rewards with 3 months left in the year. Has anyone else done this?

Reason I ask is because when you count the 1:1 Qantas points I was earning before PLUS the CR points I've earnt, I seem to have exceeded the 250,000 cap but I'm still receiving points. Does the cap refresh when you switch between Qantas direct earn and Citi rewards?

Cheers

You wont be able to double dip by changing schemes. Airlines and credit card systems have glitches galore - I was able to significantly exceed the cap for a number of years before having to finally move across to Select. I did get lazy towards the end and Citi deducted the 750K or so points I had left accumulated at the time.
Suggest you keep drinking from the same bottle until the party is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back