Citi PayAll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger

I recently got a Citi credit card of some description and noticed this thing called Citi PayAll.

Now you can set up any of your everyday payments via the Citi Mobile® App and earn Citi reward Points at the same time, including big ticket items or ones that you couldn’t earn on before. More Points, why not?

With Citi PayAll, set up your rent, taxes, education fees, property management fees, childcare, miscellaneous bills and more and be sure to earn Points on every transaction. And the good news is that the number of points you will earn is uncapped.

To get started, set up single or regular Citi PayAll payments by transferring funds directly from your credit card account to the bank account of the payee held with an Australian financial institution. For all Citi PayAll payments set up between 1 April 2021 to 31 October 2022, the Citi PayAll fee will be reduced to 0%.

I'm waiting for the catch but so far it all seems like a potential option for manufacturing points, despite the following exclusion:

This product should not be extended to repaying other debt held, for business purposes, for the purpose of gambling, or in connection with unlawful activities, to invest in shares or other financial products or for cryptocurrency related transactions.

I'm tempted to setup a payment to a family member for, say, $10K and see if it gets flagged.

Are the payments, particularly to things like ATO but especially to a relative, considered a cash advance? If so, that wouldn’t be cheap.

If not, don’t forget to factor in the merchant’s credit card surcharge in calculating your cost of points?

Are the payments, particularly to things like ATO but especially to a relative, considered a cash advance? If so, that wouldn’t be cheap.

If not, don’t forget to factor in the merchant’s credit card surcharge in calculating your cost of points?

No, it's not a cash advance. I specifically asked that in a chat with Citi representative earlier in the week. The response was, "This is considered as a retail transaction."

Also, there's no credit card surcharge fee because as far as the recipient is concerned, the money is being received into his or her bank account. The first FAQ on the above mentioned page says, "... Pay for goods and services by transferring funds directly from your account to a BSB and bank account of the payee held with an Australian financial institution" with the 2% fee currently reduced to 0.

I'm waiting for the catch but so far it all seems like a potential option for manufacturing points, despite the following exclusion:

theres no catch and plenty of discussions about it online, including in this forum (even today!). There is no shortage of reports of people flying kites to create points from thin air and getting away from it. At worst Citi could cancel the points you have earned, but they cant 'fine' you or put you in jail. Also there is no way for them to know the bank account you are transferring money to isnt owned by Clarence Beeks. Just dont be a coughs and transfer to your Citibank account.

I pay a domestic servant $500 a week to take care of my house, thats a service right?

IMO Citibank dont care because they are hell bent on increasing their unsecured debt book to get more money from the sale to NAB.

Kite Flying : redundant practice of writing out checks from your own different bank accounts and then depositing them to each other in a round robin fashion

Kite Flying : redundant practice of writing out checks from your own different bank accounts and then depositing them to each other in a round robin fashion
Round Robin: a tournament in which each competitor plays in turn against every other: "a round-robin competition", or a petition, especially one with signatures written in a circle to conceal the order of writing

Last edited:

there is a huge thread over here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back