Changing between Diners products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisFlyer

Established Member
Hi all,

Hypothetically, if one were to apply and receive a standard Diners card (or the DC+MC combo), does a simple phone call or form allow for a product switch (eg. to the QFF DC+MC product), or does it have to be applied for separately? Other issuers allow for product changes without a new application, but I just can't find anything online about Diners' policies.

For those curious as to why I'm asking, the minimum income requirement on the QFF DC+MC combo is different to the non-QFF option, with essentially the same line of credit... silly really!

Any this is (I'm)possible with Diner's but I would imagine they are able to change the product over...

In terms of the products there are a couple of differences - the QFF product is a much more 'controlled' from a credit perspective as they enforce a direct debit for payment and you only get 37 days to pay.

I got a personal card recently and was rudely surprised that they had implemented a HARD credit limit of $5000 because I'd indicated on my application that I expected to spend around $2000 per month (amount chosen because I didn't think it mattered and was worried about acceptance but have used the MC quite a bit).

In terms of you being able to swap over they may well ask you questions to establish your circumstances and if they realise you don't earn enough then you might be denied. So a little more complex than just asking if it is possible to switch products.

I can't imagine that the switch should be too hard but unlike Amex, nothing seems to be easy when it comes to Diners.

I got a personal card recently and was rudely surprised that they had implemented a HARD credit limit of $5000 because I'd indicated on my application that I expected to spend around $2000 per month (amount chosen because I didn't think it mattered and was worried about acceptance but have used the MC quite a bit).

I had this too and only discovered it when my card was rejected. I called up and told them it was pretty ridiculous given that the point of the combo was as a charge not a credit card, and they removed the limit.

They refused to remove it for me... I need 'a few months of payment history'. Therefore my spend has dropped significantly to only small purchases and no direct debits as I can't afford the inconvenience and insult of them declining future transactions.

Often financial institutions can make me angry but Diners is the only one that has made me froth at the mouth with their incompetence and stupidity (company stupidity, not CSR necessarily).

They refused to remove it for me... I need 'a few months of payment history'. Therefore my spend has dropped significantly to only small purchases and no direct debits as I can't afford the inconvenience and insult of them declining future transactions.

Often financial institutions can make me angry but Diners is the only one that has made me froth at the mouth with their incompetence and stupidity (company stupidity, not CSR necessarily).

That's pretty ridiculous, given that they sell it as "No Pre-Set Spending Limit". If it was purely for the customer service, I'd be giving these guys (i.e. Citibank i.e. the bank that should have been allowed to fail) the flick, however the DC rewards points I am earning are too lucrative.

I changed from a Diners to a Diners QFF Card about 18 months ago & had to reapply for The Diners QFF Card . No problems with the change but thought the process was totally unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back