Change in Credit Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre_a

Hi All,

I notice my credit score dropped by a very small amount this month - 8 points. The only thing that changed was I cancelled one of my cards. Is this small drop a result of the change to my credit utilization ratio bought about by my reducing my overall available credit by 40% - or is something I haven't thought of at work here?

Pierre

Credit utilisation not really a factor in OZ, it may be when Comprehensive Credit Reporting really gets going (while some are reporting in reality not enough for this to be very useful yet).

A couple of things spring to mind
1. Length of credit history not likely to be a factor as without CCR they don't know you have cancelled your card
2. Another possible cause is information dropping off your account after 5 years. Usually things dropping off is good except in the cases of home loans. People with home loans are generally better credit risks, hence if you have had your loan > 5 years this would have dropped off your file.

How odd - my home loan is only one year old, and my entire Australian credit history eighteen months.

Thanks for the insight re. Utilisation ratios, thats new information to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back