Centurion SQ Krisflyer Gold Elite Status offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpokeyTokey

I just received this by email today.

I'd be interested to know what this community thought of it.

The offer is as follows:

"You have been selected to receive this invitation only offer. We have worked with Singapore Airlines to offer you KrisFlyer Gold Elite Status when you book First or Suites Class from just AUD4,942 return to Asia and AUD11,147 return to Europe[SUP]1[/SUP]

As a Centurion member you deserve the best and Singapore Airlines will provide the high standards of care and service that you have come to expect.

Register as a new KrisFlyer member
here then purchase a First or Suites Class Airline Privileges Program Fare through Centurion Travel before 31 March for travel before 31st August 2013 and, as a Centurion member, you will receive KrisFlyer Gold Elite Status for one year[SUP]1[/SUP] .

Furthermore, if you travel before 31st March Singapore Airlines are offering you a complimentary night stay in Singapore. Break up a long flight or extend your holiday – it’s up to you. See below for more details.

T&C:
1. Terms and Conditions: Advertised fares are based on return flights from Sydney to Singapore and Sydney to Frankfurt flying before August 31st 2013, Centurion Airline Privileges program single traveler fare for new bookings made before 31 March 2013 inclusive of fuel surcharges and taxes and correct as at 30 January 2013. Airfares are subject to change without notice and booking class availability. Airline Terms and conditions apply, contact your Centurion Travel service for full details. Fare offering and Status offer valid for new bookings and enrolments made between 12 February and 31 March 2013 for travel prior to 31st August 2013. Gold Elite status offer applicable to the Basic Centurion member referenced in the top right of this email only and cannot be transferred or gifted. Gold status is valid for one year from enrolment and standard eligibility criteria is applicable to retain status beyond this period. If the member does not fulfil this criteria after one year then the member will be downgraded to KrisFlyer Elite Silver status. First Class and Suites Airline Privileges Program fares must be booked through the Centurion Travel Service and paid for on the travelling Centurion member's card. Travel must be booked in Suites or First Class for all sectors on Singapore Airlines only, no mixed business/first class fares will be eligible. Status upgrade cannot be processed until fare paid is in full and can take up to 20 working days to process. Offer is not valid for existing KrisFlyer members. Cardmember must enrol as a new member to KrisFlyer here, then provide Centurion Travel Service with their membership number at time of fare payment. Status downgrade to KrisFlyer Basic will be processed for any cancelled or refunded tickets

Is it worth doing if you're a lowly basic Krisflyer member with no hope of ever achieving the Gold status?
Do the benefits of Gold over Basic justify the minimum spend of ~$5K?
I await your opinions.

MrSpokeyTokey

Offer is not valid for existing KrisFlyer members. Cardmember must enrol as a new member to KrisFlyer here, then provide Centurion Travel Service with their membership number at time of fare payment.

Is it worth doing if you're a lowly basic Krisflyer member with no hope of ever achieving the Gold status?

As a lowly basic Krisflyer member you wouldn't even get it as it is only for new members :)

We have worked with Singapore Airlines to offer you KrisFlyer Gold Elite Status when you book First or Suites Class from just AUD4,942 return to Asia *AND* AUD11,147 return to Europe

There is an "and" here, shouldn't this be an "or"? With the "and" it means you would have to book both...?

I think it is a great offer if you plan to do this trip anyway. Otherwise there are cheaper ways to become Star Alliance Gold member.

Agree with exp1k.
Im giving CX all my travel now (where possible)....I'd much prefer OW emerald than KF gold.

For those who is willing to pay the centurion card fees, i would assume most of your guys will be flying in business/first class anyway? Even as a platinum card member, the platinum travel only informs me that they have deals with airlines on business and first class fare...

It is good offer since one business class fare will get your Krisflyer gold... It is not as good as CX offer last year through... especially there is no domestic airline with *A is AU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back