Centurion Free night at Park Hyatt worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBK06

Thought this might be of some interest for Centurion Members as its not very well advertised -its buried in the pathetic cent website.

Basically free night at any Park Hyatt in the world until end of december (can't be used on a saturday in Sydney and Tokyo). Also includes all FHR benefits no strings attached!

Cheers,

GBK06

Terms:
1.Offer is for one complimentary night valid from 1 July to 20 December 2010 at participating Park Hyatt hotels worldwide. Offer is valid for standard guestroom accommodations only. Black-out dates apply and may vary by property. Offer is not valid for Saturday night stays at Park Hyatt Sydney and Park Hyatt Tokyo. Reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance through Centurion Travel Service (CTS) prior to arrival. Higher room categories are available for the Centurion member to purchase where the standard room cost is subtracted from the cost of the higher category room. Offer is not valid for groups or conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. No minimum length of stay required. Free night reflected at time of check-out. Offer does included tax and service charges. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Complimentary night is not combinaable with Family Plan rooms. Offer is non-transferable and non-cashable. Payment must be made with an American Express Centurion Card under the Centurion member’s name. Offer is valid for new bookings only. Fine Hotels & Resorts program benefits apply. Certain restrictions apply. HYATT, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. Park Hyatt, names, designs and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. © 2010 Hyatt Hotels Corporations. All rights reserved.

When compared to the offers available to Centurion OS, we are so far behind it isnt even defenceable. And this refers to non targeted general card holders.

This will be the only 'freebie' given this year, AFAIK.

And no surprise that it is buried in the website. What happened to the quarterly Centurion Diaries email we are meant to get?

I would not be saying no to a freebie night at the Park Hyatt Sydney!

"...standard guestroom..."

Hmmm.... so i'm assuming thats the coughpiest room - still good for a freebie, but if I wanted to stay somewhere for a few days, I wouldn't want to do so in a basic room....

Hmmm.... so i'm assuming thats the coughpiest room - still good for a freebie, but if I wanted to stay somewhere for a few days, I wouldn't want to do so in a basic room....

Have you stayed in a Park Hyatt before? From my experience their standard rooms are still miles ahead of most 5 star hotels.

I still rate the PH Shanghai as one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in, if not the nicest.

Almost makes you want to join just for that freebie! :p

All fun aside though, it does seem like Australian Centurion cardholders get practically nothing for the fee. I wonder why it's managed so badly?

Almost makes you want to join just for that freebie! :p

All fun aside though, it does seem like Australian Centurion cardholders get practically nothing for the fee. I wonder why it's managed so badly?

Sam,

I would guess that enough people are willing to pay just for the status (if offered I may be one but alas no offer yet:() that they need to do very little extra to keep the fees rolling in.

I think the US has a lot more options with premium cards so each need to offer more incentive to get people to cough up the $4K+ fee.

ejb

Can anyone provide a link to the offer?

It is discreetly tucked at the bottom of a promo for Park Hyatt Milan. You will of course require your Centurion log in details to access the link.

(i attempted to provid ethe link, but havent posted sufficient times for that privilige)

USA has annual subscription of US$2,500 and a one off joing fee of US$5,000.

That makes the oz Black even worse value.

I still think it relates to the lack of "premium cards" in Australia as opposed to US. We are just starting to see Visa Platinum here and I have not seen much about (I think it is callled) Infinity Visa's.

Without a competitor Amex Black has the market to themselves and as such need to do very little to attract people who want the spending power and status of Centurion.

ejb

Have you stayed in a Park Hyatt before? From my experience their standard rooms are still miles ahead of most 5 star hotels.

Many, and I used to work for the PH in Sydney.

Sorry, but compared to 5* hotels that charge similar rates (i.e. not your average Hilton/CP corporate hotel), they aren't any worse or better.[/QUOTE]

Sam,

I would guess that enough people are willing to pay just for the status (if offered I may be one but alas no offer yet:() that they need to do very little extra to keep the fees rolling in.

I think the US has a lot more options with premium cards so each need to offer more incentive to get people to cough up the $4K+ fee.

ejb

I know my dad has been offered it at least once in HK. Wasn’t interested, but it was interesting to read the fee book and see what you get for what price. In HK it was very much a subscription model, pay more and you get more, pay less and you just get a black card.

I used it last month at the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris, which is a sensational hotel. The offer is for a standard room but I wanted an executive suite so the hotel just deducted the cost of a standard room from the bill (my TA had advised that this would be the case prior to booking). Incidentally on the same trip we also stayed at the Park Hyatt Milan and they provided a double-upgrade so the FHR/Hyatt Diamond membership combo isn’t a bad little benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back