Cash for cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

GladstoneTim

Interested in the learned opinion of wise AFFers. At Christmas, visiting Singapore prior to a cruise sailing to Bali, coughet and some Malaysian ports, amongst others. What would people recommend in terms of finances...take cash..if so, which currency/currencies or get the Citibank Plus card for fee-free ATM withdrawals?

Thanks

Interested in the learned opinion of wise AFFers. At Christmas, visiting Singapore prior to a cruise sailing to Bali, coughet and some Malaysian ports, amongst others. What would people recommend in terms of finances...take cash..if so, which currency/currencies or get the Citibank Plus card for fee-free ATM withdrawals?

Thanks

I have done about 3 similar cruises from SIN.
In this case I would Citi debit. Load up, withdraw a bundle in SIN and get some IDR, MYR and THB from a money changer.

You don't want to be stuck for cash on arrival into port if the various ATMs are busy with everyone else using them etc, and in coughet you don't want to hunt for Aeon or Citi to about the huge ATM fee.

A SIN FX guy should be within 1% of XE spot if going from SGD->another currency. I would wander down to Mustafa or Lucky plaza or Chinatown, depending on where you will be.

Either get enough for the whole day's spend, or just enough to get into town/ basic feed and find an ATM in each port, but I would actually recommend landing with cash in this case.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice guys. Appreciate your input. Have just completed the on-line application for the Citibank Plus. Seemed straightforward especially with the fact that I currently have a Citibank card through another financial institution. Answer a few ID questions, print off a signature form and reply paid mail it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back