Cancelled Corporate Card: can I get MR back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Flyer

Recently took over control of our company's finance function.

Cancelled our old Corporate Card to get a new one on the Qantas rebate scheme

Only just realised that there were 400,000 MR on the old card which have now been lost

Do you think there is any chance of getting them back since we are still using AMEX?

Has more than one month elapsed?
When I called MR and told them I wanted to change to another Amex card,I was told my current MR points could not be transferred and that I had one month after cancellation to use them.
I suggest you contact MR immediately.

Has more than one month elapsed?
When I called MR and told them I wanted to change to another Amex card,I was told my current MR points could not be transferred and that I had one month after cancellation to use them.
I suggest you contact MR immediately.
That's been my experience, also. It's in the MR T&Cs that state after card account cancellation, you have 1 month to use the MR points.

Thanks. Got a call from Amex and it looks fairly promising.

Any ideas on how to spend the miles? I would be doing something for staff incentivisation/ rewards. How far will 400k miles go?

Thanks. Got a call from Amex and it looks fairly promising.

Any ideas on how to spend the miles? I would be doing something for staff incentivisation/ rewards. How far will 400k miles go?

It depends on where you transfer them to.

If you transfer to Qantas or AA ( via SPG ) , they would give a 1st class r/t to Europe. I would recommend using AA if doing this since you will save a few hundred dollars in fuel surcharges.

Would give just under 2 1st class r/ts to Asia if credited to AA or QF ( again with fuel surcharge savings on AA )

I don't know what the other airline partners would give

Of course, transferred just to SPG, it gives a fair number of hotel nights at Sheraton hotes that could be taken instead rather than using flights

Perhaps could be used for a pair of business class return flights to Asia with a few nights accommodation

Dave

Thanks. Gives some good food for thought.

Was trying to avoid going through a frequent flyer/stay scheme for this exercise as I was trying to avoid mixing business and personal stuff

Thanks. Gives some good food for thought.

Was trying to avoid going through a frequent flyer/stay scheme for this exercise as I was trying to avoid mixing business and personal stuff

Hi Perth Flyer,

If you didn't want to use them for flights then grab the cash, 400k points will give you $4000, and you could then use the money for any purpose you liked.

ejb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back