Cambodia Angkor Air - Phnom Pen to Siem Reap

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by Duffa, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Duffa

Duffa Established Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Victoria
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Found a closed thread but no recent info on above airline. Travelling Phnom Pen to Siem Reap next week.
    I really don't fancy the alternative of 7 hours on a bus - even though they are now modern and air-conditioned.
    Mrs D, however, thinks it would be wonderful opportunity to see the countryside.
    Personally, I like the idea of a 45 minute hop on an ATR.

Any recent experiences?

2. feezable

feezable Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Newcastle, NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Most frightening thing I have ever done was catch a minibus from phnom penh to siem reap last October (and I think I've had my fair share of adventure). We returned via boat which was noisy and uncomfortable, but relatively relaxing with incredible scenery. The scenery by road is nothing special IMO.

3. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    Haven't used them recently (maybe 4 years ago... Give or take) but it was all fine. They're VN planes I believe and I'm sure they've got some kind of ownership. Certainly the best of the run of Cambodian carriers in the last decade or so

4. Shorns

Shorns Intern

Oct 14, 2011
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I used them a couple of years ago for that route return and they were fine, planes looked much better kept than the others on the tarmac. They have some tie up with VN and they get their planes and maintenance which made me feel somewhat safer. I did some research like you at the time and found they had the best rep. Fact is you're much safer in the air on any of the carriers than on the roads!

5. atreides

atreides Member

Sep 4, 2011
    PER
    Perhaps a good compromise could be a private taxi, from memory it is around US$70.

6. Aussie_flyer

Aussie_flyer Established Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Melbourne
  7. Mattg

Mattg Senior Member

Aug 21, 2011
    AMS
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I flew with them a couple of years ago and they were alright. I was a little disappointed with the lack friendly flight attendants and poor quality of the inflight meal, but in terms if safety I didn't have any concerns.

8. Aussie_flyer

Aussie_flyer Established Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Melbourne
    I don't expect much of a meal on a 40 minute ATR sector

9. Duffa

Duffa Established Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Victoria
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Well it all went to plan
    Check-in, domestic departure area very adequate, water was the inflight meal and smooth flight despite 38C and humid.
    No issues at all
    Mostly foreigners on board.

Now for Silk Air J on the way back to MEL via SIN!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Duffa

Duffa Established Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Victoria
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And thanks to Mattg for the reassuring advice