Byron Bay recommendations

Discussion in 'Destination Guide' started by LadyC, Feb 14, 2018 at 11:30 AM.

1. LadyC

LadyC Established Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Melbourne
    The gentleman, MasterC and myself are heading to Byron Bay for 4 nights in late April. Any recommendations for accommodation and/or restaurants?
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. ozmatt

ozmatt Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Can't really help you with accommodation as I grew up not far away and stay with family :)

I haven't been to the place below but it has been on my list for a while. Whenever I visit home, I just can't seem to make it fit!

Home | Ché Bon Restaurant

Would love to hear what you think if you make it there.

3. tgh

tgh Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Brisbane
    We stayed and grazed around a bit when #1 son was visiting a while back.
    Cyprus tree was memorable, others ? ….. really don't remember….

4. Dazz70

Dazz70 Junior Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    We stayed at Elements of Byron last August. Very impressed with the huge pool and the cabins are quite luxurious. The restaurant was very good too. It is also a short walk to the beach but it is a bit of a walk to the town - around 45 minutes - but the train near the resort to the town should be running now. We did an Uber but there were not many about so be prepared to wait a bit.

5. boomy

boomy Senior Member

May 10, 2013
    MEL and BNE
    The Byron at Byron resort is our favourite.

6. KitKat

KitKat Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Melbourne
    Fleet.....up the road (not in Byron but close enough) one word - amazing

7. LadyC

LadyC Established Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Melbourne
    Great, thanks for the tips. I have been considering Elements but at the moment I think 4 nights is around $3k so a bit more than I was hoping to pay. The Byron at Byron and Lord Byron were two of the others I was considering. We will have a car so will be able to get around to areas outside Byron too (although as we will be with MasterC it won't be road tripping).

8. jb747

jb747 Senior Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    beachsuites.com.au

Stayed there for a few days a year or so back. Nice.

9. mlob

mlob Member

Sep 26, 2013
    i am a local. i can recommend the Byron at Byron and would choose it over Lord Byron. you will need a car. what kind od dining do you like? i would second Fleet. book now, if you can,its hard to get into. we have an Accor plus card so enjoy discount dining at Elements. new places that people are talking about but im yet to get to. Barrio BYO industrial estate. new venture for a local chef who use to do the fabuolous Fransiscos Table. Ryce . in town looks like it does a good cocktail. try the cafes during the day in Marvel Street. youll see the crowds. Miss Margaritas for mexican and more cocktails.

10. tgh

tgh Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Brisbane
    We stayed at the Palms in Lawson St, four adults a bub.
    Two bedrooms . two bathrooms and two underground car parks, not flash but a short walk to everywhere.