Bpay - getting points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiology

Will I be getting usual NAB reward points by using online Bpay via the NAB card website and still get the usual points for Council fees, electricity, gas,.... bills?

Thanks

Yes I have earnt FF points through using Bpay on the NAB website with my NAB credit card.

Macquarie Visa Platinum gives you more points with Bpay as get 1 point per dollar with them and also works with Bpay. HSBC gives you no points for Bpay.

Dale.

Can I use the BPay to pay the outstanding balance of another credit card and then earn points from this as well?

Credit cards won't allow payment via bpay from other credit cards.

Can I use the BPay to pay the outstanding balance of another credit card and then earn points from this as well?

At one point a card which is no longer available was inadvertently offering this option but sadly no longer (either the card or the BPay to another card).
If any cards can do this then I doubt any info regarding it would be posted publicly.

At one point a card which is no longer available was inadvertently offering this option but sadly no longer (either the card or the BPay to another card).
If any cards can do this then I doubt any info regarding it would be posted publicly.

I agree that this type of information is unlikely to be posted. My suggestion is to try yourself and see what happens.

Yes I have earnt FF points through using Bpay on the NAB website with my NAB credit card.

Macquarie Visa Platinum gives you more points with Bpay as get 1 point per dollar with them and also works with Bpay. HSBC gives you no points for Bpay.

Dale.

Wasn't aware this was possible.

Last edited:

And there was another card, still available, which allowed it until quite recently. And a certain travel card as well. Sadly both these loopholes have been closed.

I still try with various cards from time to time, just in case. But as PF says, don't hold your breath waiting for such information to get posted here.

So NAB Platinum
BankWest World
Macquarie Platinum
Citibank Signature/Prestige

All confirmed as paying points on bpay.

Please help us add to the list over time. I was worried that some might consider bpay a cash advance. Thankfully the above definitely do not.

I will give NAB Qantas CC (the Blue card) a crack on Monday. Looks like strata levies via DEFT are payable, so interested to see if points will credit. Have land tax coming up as well.

Last edited:
CITIBANK SIG card no longer gives points for BPAY?
What about CBA Plat, NAB Plat, Westpac Altit and Coles Mastercard?

CITIBANK SIG card no longer gives points for BPAY?
What about CBA Plat, NAB Plat, Westpac Altit and Coles Mastercard?

AFAIK only Macquarie and NAB offer points on BPAY transactions now...

Reference for mid march please as other sources stating it is in affect now?

Edit: Now told 18/3/16?
That right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back