BPay attract reward points for Citibank CC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isdnman

Intern
As title.
I know Westpac cards don't earn points for BPAY payments.
So sure about Citibank cards.
Thanks.

Yes, you will get points. As far as I know that Westpac is the only one don't give points for Bpay from CC in major banks, some other credit unions don't give points from Bpay either.

Feb 2013 Update

I would like to reactivate the thread to see if anything had changed in the last seven months or so.

More banks are now excluding BPay from earning Reward Points incl. CBA and Westpac (that I know of).

Has Citibank joined that group yet ?

I have not used Citibank for BPay as yet but would be interested to know of any exclusions there.

Thanks

Feb 2013 Update

I would like to reactivate the thread to see if anything had changed in the last seven months or so.

More banks are now excluding BPay from earning Reward Points incl. CBA and Westpac (that I know of).

Has Citibank joined that group yet ?

I have not used Citibank for BPay as yet but would be interested to know of any exclusions there.

Thanks

Citibank allow points for Bpay!

this is one of the only reasons I love my citibank card, I BPay a lot of personal bills etc, so yeah, great to get points for 'em.

I've never tried this. Can I pay any bill that accepts BPay via my Citi Select account even though the biller may not show payments accepted via credit card on the invoice?

WBC, CBA & HSBC have excluded Bpay from their points earning scheme, ANZ & NAB have not but I believe they will follow very soon.

I think I know where you were taking this but sadly its not be.
Happily its YES BE.

With a bit of patience, perserverence and a pound of butter - amazing what can be achieved.

Last edited:
There are undocumented benefits with cards that offer points on BPAY transactions though. I was just replying to what was asked in the previous post.

The trick to getting the right answer is to ask right the question. ;)

Happily its YES BE.

With a bit of patience, perserverence and a pound of butter - amazing what can be achieved.

I've never tried this. Can I pay any bill that accepts BPay via my Citi Select account even though the biller may not show payments accepted via credit card on the invoice?
Sometimes, in some cases there is a check to disallow, sometime not. You have to try it! Sometimes they allow payment by card but not Bpay by card, figure that one out!

Ok thanks guys
I usually find that those who accept CC and BPay have a separate location to go and pay via credit card (away from online banking).

Will have a play with it.

I usually find that those who accept CC and BPay have a separate location to go and pay via credit card (away from online banking).
QUOTE]
Indeed, what I was meaning was that people shy away from offering BPay on CC's because of the fees involved but then offer CC via another channel with the same fees. Doesn't make sense to me.

The easiest way to find out whether a biller accepts BPAY from a credit card is to go to BPAY - Making life easier

Things get interesting if they accept BPAY from a credit card but not credit card payments through other channels.

I hope I have given every one some food for thought. :)

The easiest way to find out whether a biller accepts BPAY from a credit card is to go to BPAY - Making life easier

Things get interesting if they accept BPAY from a credit card but not credit card payments through other channels.

I hope I have given every one some food for thought. :)

Will be reviewing my regular bpay payables list over the weekend. Thank you. Never thought of this!

The fees for accepting BPAY payments from a credit card is a flat fees per transaction whereas fees for accepting a credit card directly is a percentage based on the amount being paid. One of the reason why banks and cc providers are moving away from rewarding points on BPAY transactions.

QUOTE]
Indeed, what I was meaning was that people shy away from offering BPay on CC's because of the fees involved but then offer CC via another channel with the same fees. Doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah, I still have not figured that one out. I mean

1. Its cheaper as its a flat fees as opposed to a percentage on the amount being paid if accepting credit cards directly
2. No charge backs
3. No expensive payment gateways to maintain.

QUOTE]

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

For example I can not send money through bpay form my credit card to my superannuation find, their incoming bpay will not accept credit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back