Book AA vs QF through Asia Miles using Ascent MR Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultiffen

Hi,

First post here but hope others find this helpful. The cheapest SYD->LAX return economy flight I can find is through Asia Miles which is 60000 points. If you book through QANTAS you still get hit with 500 or so in fuel surcharge in the taxes (800 total). If you book through AA then you get what I'm pretty sure is the same flight (can anyone confirm?) and pay only 125 in taxes.

Ascent points are easy to get through the platinum edge CC ie spending 20000 at Coles or Woolies gets you 60000 points and they have a sign on bonus of either 10000 or 15000 if referred. You get 5000 more if another member refers you (will post on this soon). So consider this card and find someone who's on it already with AMEX or message me with any questions.

Thanks,
Paul

I think using AM at 60000 miles to go on QF metal SYD-LAX is a good deal especially QFF needed 96000 instead. I'm unsure with AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back