Bonus Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

basso

Been getting bonus of 0.5 pointe per dollar for the last 2 months, and wonder if anyone knows of a promotion that would cause this to happen. In particular, how long I can expect to be getting an extra 0.5 point per dollar, as I can't find anything from CB about it.

Been getting bonus of 0.5 pointe per dollar for the last 2 months, and wonder if anyone knows of a promotion that would cause this to happen. In particular, how long I can expect to be getting an extra 0.5 point per dollar, as I can't find anything from CB about it.

I've actually been getting an extra 2.5 points (3.5 in total) since Sept !!

Interesting, but do you have any idea why and how long they are giving bonus points for?

In early Sept I upgraded from Citi Gold to Platinum. I did it over the phone (to see what would happen) & within 24hrs I went Plat.

Soon after I wrote a letter to the Customer Advocacy Unit having a 'whinge' about a $40.00 fee on my transaction account & thought while I was at it make unfavourable comparisons of Citi Plat to Amex Plat ........ie stuff like you get more with Amex (flights, Accomm etc).

I recieved no response. Zip. Zilch. Nothing.

But the $40.00 fee was reversed. Then I noticed all these bloody points all of a sudden.......'gee I'm spending alot'

I soon discovered I was getting 3.5 points per $1 spend.

Several calls to the 'wonderful' Citi call centre I got to the bottom of it. All I was told I will be getting bonus points for 6 months. No mention of letter or reason why I was getting the bonus.

I will reasonably assume the letter had everthing to do with it.

Needless to say I am letting sleeping dogs lie.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back