Bonus Point Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydstar

Hi everyone,

As advertised by ANZ, one of the features of this card is the ability to earn 'bonus points' - i.e. 2 points:$1 with certain 'bonus partners' of which Qantas is one. Upon reviewing my last statement, it appears I've been caught out.

Recently booked a hotel via Qantas.com, however, the transaction has been charged by a company called 'Hooroo Pty Ltd'. A quick google search revealed it is a 100% Qantas owned subsidiary. What is most annoying is that at no point during the transaction is this mentioned. The booking is made via the Qantas website with Qantas logo visible and the confirmation thanks me for booking with 'Qantas hotels' - at no point is 'Hooroo' mentioned. Very annoying as I've just lost out on 500 bonus points. Makes me wonder the point of booking a hotel via QF again as seing I can still claim points directly from the hotel.

ANZ's T&C's seem pretty tight (cl. 32) mentions only Qantas and not an agent as being eligible, so take this as a warning.

Hi everyone,

As advertised by ANZ, one of the features of this card is the ability to earn 'bonus points' - i.e. 2 points:$1 with certain 'bonus partners' of which Qantas is one. Upon reviewing my last statement, it appears I've been caught out.

Recently booked a hotel via Qantas.com, however, the transaction has been charged by a company called 'Hooroo Pty Ltd'. A quick google search revealed it is a 100% Qantas owned subsidiary. What is most annoying is that at no point during the transaction is this mentioned. The booking is made via the Qantas website with Qantas logo visible and the confirmation thanks me for booking with 'Qantas hotels' - at no point is 'Hooroo' mentioned. Very annoying as I've just lost out on 500 bonus points. Makes me wonder the point of booking a hotel via QF again as seing I can still claim points directly from the hotel.

ANZ's T&C's seem pretty tight (cl. 32) mentions only Qantas and not an agent as being eligible, so take this as a warning.

Qantas holiday booking is not eligible for any bonus points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back