Best Visa/Mastercard option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexh92

Look's like I missed out on the 60k Velocity ANZ card... Any other good deals at the moment? Happy to use referral links. Not interested in Qantas points preference is velocity or transferrable options

Currently have Amex explorer and looking at replacing my NAB Velocity platinum.

Thanks!

I find Coles Rewards MasterCard is one of the better MasterCards out there to earn Velocity via FlyBuys.
No foreign transaction fee on international purchases and conversion rate of $1 to 0.87 Velocity points. (save the transfer on bonus 15% transfers, literally $1 to 1 velocity point then). $89 p.a. annual fee (quite low) and 1 velocity status credits per $100 shopping in Coles per month.

No sign up promo now but keep an eye out. OzBargain posts promos there sometimes.

The Coles is a great choice. Also consider Virgin Money High Flyer 50,000 points

is this also governed by the conversion limit of 138000 (sorry cant remember exact amount) flybuys per annum?

Due to the lack of bonus points offers, I ended up entering the dark side (Qantas)...

Coles mastercard might be good for Flybuys points but limited points transfers to Velocity per year. I got an offer in the mail from Flybuys with a bonus 20,000 FB points if applying, but those are all targeted.

Westpac has a Rewards card with bonus 50,000 points ($2500 spend) that can be transferred to Velocity. Bit high annual fee though.
https://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/credit-cards/

Still on the lookout for good Velocity offers but in the meantime I turned to Qantas and got around 220,000 points in 3 months :D

I've always found Qantas points hard to redeem for flights etc hence my preference for velocity. May need to consider it again though

I've always found Qantas points hard to redeem for flights etc hence my preference for velocity. May need to consider it again though
I used to think Velocity had a clear edge over QF for availability. I believe this is no longer the case.

I used to think Velocity had a clear edge over QF for availability. I believe this is no longer the case.

For me the big killer with Qantas was also the fee's with award flight bookings, they always seemed to be excessive unless this has changed. I have noticed Qantas points seem very easy to get hold of now though which makes me think I may need to look back into this

For me the big killer with Qantas was also the fee's with award flight bookings, they always seemed to be excessive unless this has changed. I have noticed Qantas points seem very easy to get hold of now though which makes me think I may need to look back into this
It depends where you are going. To use Velocity on flights from AUS-Europe on EY in J now costs in excess of USD800 return in surcharges plus actual taxes. Availability is quite good though. It's worth going through all the pros and cons depending on your own circumstances and travel patterns

It depends where you are going. To use Velocity on flights from AUS-Europe on EY in J now costs in excess of USD800 return in surcharges plus actual taxes. Availability is quite good though. It's worth going through all the pros and cons depending on your own circumstances and travel patterns

Yeah I have only redeemed domestic business and economy and US flights with Velocity so yet to try other countries. Will have a better look into it as the velocity options seemed limited at the moment. A bit annoyed I missed out on the new ANZ offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back