best place to park MR points

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhuang00

Hi Guys,
I have an AMEX business accelerator card that earns 2 MR points per dollar, but it's capped at 100,000 points, after that, it's back to 1 point per dollar. Is there a good place to "park" the MR points so I can take advantage of the 2 points per dollar offer for longer.
The two best options that I can come up with are:
1. transfer to Virgin Velocity at 1 MR to 1 Velocity, which limits the redemption options obviously, I just need to fly with Virgin once every 3 years to make sure the points don't expire.(or maybe just transfer points into Velocity to keep the account active.)
2. transfer to Starwood Preferred Guest program, which has more airline partners than Velocity and as long as the account is active, points don't expire. But the transfer rate is 2 MR to 1 SPG, which is not very attractive.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Welcome to the forums, the cap has nothing to do with the points sitting in your account, but rather points earned in a time period!

I think the best place to park your points is with Amex... & get another Amex card with a higher capping.

cheers M.P. [congrats on 1st post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back