Best home loan with sign on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simsy85

Not sure if this is the right place, but currently looking for a home loan.

All things being equal, keen on looking around for what sort of point bonuses we can get?

any advice or hot tips?

The only one I'm aware of at the moment is 350k NAB points which = 175k VA points IIRC

Last edited:
Over the life of an average home loan, chasing points at sign on time probably should not be a high priority-maybe I am just an old fat?

I'm mean sure, if you keep the home loan for 30 years - hence why I said 'all things being equal'.

It's not our first rodeo and we've played in the points game for a while now - To be blunt, we aren't some young, millennials wearing rose coloured glasses dazzled by points - we are doing our due diligence, and will make the appropriate choice, but given this is a website specifically about frequent flying (and points), I thought it was a relevant question.

I just want to see if 'all things being equal' there was a option out there.

Don't be sucked in by an offer of points. Go for a product/rate that suits you.

For me Ubank with 3.74% and no fees at all was perfect.

Ironically Ubank is owned by NAB. Which seem to be the only one offering sign on points.....

Ironically Ubank is owned by NAB. Which seem to be the only one offering sign on points.....

Good advice.

NAB to date has offered 3.75% (not that far off) and a $300 a year fee ($295) - which gets us the 350,000 points, 1 valuation a year and no fees to restructure, refinance etc on an offset account (well as many offsets as we want - I think the limit is 6)

How long do you have to have the mortgage with them before getting the points? Could it potentially be worthwhile taking the mortgage with them and then refinancing as soon as the points hit? And I suppose a relevant follow up question is whether there is any exclusion period ala credit cards which would stop you going back to NAB for a 2nd lot of points?

What is the size of your loan? I'm considering refinancing and having offset + CC included in annual fee is mighty appealing to what I have atm.

Ours will be 750 total. House worth more.

Just had the NAB mobile lender leave and not impressed. just narky....

For me Ubank with 3.74% and no fees at all was perfect.

Another vote for Ubank - just refinanced with them at 3.74%. I started out being tempted by a macquarie offer for bonus points, but when you crunch the numbers zero fees are more valuable than points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back