Best CC for warehousing staralliance points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolzy

Hi all,

Im currently in the midst of looking for the best CC for earning krisflyer points (preferably being able to warehouse the points and transfer at a later date to a selection of airlines).

The Citibank offers so far look the most appealing.

Can anyone enlighten me on any current offers which include bonus points and high earn rates.

Thanks

American Express probably your best bet.

I quite like the Platinum Edge for bonuses at supermarkets and petrol stations.

In terms of *A transfer partners - any Ascent program card can transfer to Singapore, Thai and Air NZ.

Citi Signature also works well for me, but can only transfer to SQ and VA.

In terms of *A transfer partners - any Ascent program card can transfer to Singapore, Thai and Air NZ.

Also any Velocity earning credit card now means it's also a *A earning card thanks to transfer to SQ option..

If you're not using it to contribute to Canberra & spend justifies annual fee, Citi Prestige with 1.33SQ:$1 & current sign up bonus. Only thing that beats it is bank issued Amex like Altitude Black @1.5ppd.

Amex platinum edge good for bonus points if you want to chase those at supermarkets and servos.

I'd second the Platinum Edge for bonus point earn .

If you have an ABN you can apply for an Amex Business Accelerator which earns 2 MR (=2SQ points)/$ up to 100K points per year-never seen a bonus point offer though which may be part of its seeming unpopularity.

If you have an ABN you can apply for an Amex Business Accelerator which earns 2 MR (=2SQ points)/$ up to 100K points per year-never seen a bonus point offer though which may be part of its seeming unpopularity.

ABN's are not a requirement to apply for Amex Small Business cards - earn cap is 150k per annum also before reverting to 1:1/0.5:1

ABN's are not a requirement to apply for Amex Small Business cards - earn cap is 150k per annum also before reverting to 1:1/0.5:1

Is this a different card to the Business Accelerator?

I just had a look at the Amex website and it does quote 100K cap (so $50K spend) for Business Accelerator. I assumed you needed an ABN as there was a space on the application form when I applied last year but very happy to be corrected

Another bad thing about Business Accelerator is 2x point is only for purchases in Australia. Purchase in AUD but oversea merchant account will get you 1x unless you pay via Paypal. Other currencies give 1x and unfortunately paypal doesn't do a currency conversion for Amex like they do for Visa/MC.

Last edited:
Another bad thing about Business Accelerator is 2x point is only for purchases in Australia. Purchase in AUD but oversea merchant account will get you 1x unless you pay via Paypal. Other currencies gives 1x and unfortunately paypal doesn't do a currency conversion for Amex like they do for Visa/MC.

I was caught out on this the first overseas trip I did after getting it. I believe if you preorder currency with it via amex you get the full 2 points

Personally I think you need a combination of a Plat Edge (supermarkets, petrol and anywhere that takes wish cards) with a Cit Sig fee free for life. If have these two plus a Westpac Krysflyer card but of course this latter not available anymore.

Personally I think you need a combination of a Plat Edge (supermarkets, petrol and anywhere that takes wish cards) with a Cit Sig fee free for life. If have these two plus a Westpac Krysflyer card but of course this latter not available anymore.
I second that. I have the former two plus a Westpac Altitude Black.
Also have an Earth Black and WW Qantas for QF earn.

2 sq points per dollar is amazingly good
Doesn't it halve though when transferring to SQ, so 2 MR = 1 SQ???

2 sq points per dollar is amazingly good
Doesn't it halve though when transferring to SQ, so 2 MR = 1 SQ???

That's with the DJ Amex cards only. IIRC normal Ascent MR are 1:1 for all but SPG and EK.

I'm not sure why there seem to be so few Business Accelerator enthusiasts. 50K extra MR points for $160 (less than that if it is all business expenses and you tax deduct the card fee. I use it for mixed spend but in the last year statement credits have covered the the fee)

I'm not sure why there seem to be so few Business Accelerator enthusiasts. 50K extra MR points for $160 (less than that if it is all business expenses and you tax deduct the card fee. I use it for mixed spend but in the last year statement credits have covered the the fee)

I believe a lot of people are not aware of this card as it is a business card. Plus some con's like no signup bonus, no insurance, 1 point for foreign transactions.

It is my most favourite card and got almost $1,000 statement credits on this card last year plus ATO 10,000 point offer :D

Do you need an ABN or will Amex call your accountant to confirm business income?

I was thinking of applying for this card and using it as a personal card. I dont even have a business or ABN lol

Business Ascent is 3MR:2KF

I've not had the Business Charge card so wasn't aware of that but handy to know when considering future cards. My Acceletor seems to have been put into the standard Ascent programme.I'm not sure if this is standard or not but I'm not going to ring and check

Last edited:
I've not had the Business Charge card so wasn't aware of that but handy to know when considering future cards. My Acceletor seems to have beem put into the standard Ascent programme.I'm not sure if this is standard or not but I'm not going to ring and check

Mine is on standard Ascent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back