Best card for QF points on utilities, Gov payments etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts911993

Since i've started hanging around here i've realised i'm not maximising my points earning potential!

Most of my purchases are on Amex, and i'm missing out by only receiving 0.5cents per dollar on a bunch of things:

Utilities:gas, water and electricity providers
Insurance: excluding insurances offered by American Express
Telecommunication providers: goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and Internet service provider
Government bodies: including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, federal/state and local government bodies

I'm interested in people's ideas on what card provides the best bang for the buck with these types of payments for QF points.

cheers

Hi,

I have just applied for the Woolworths credit card - see earning points / cards / special offers in the QFF members area. You get 16K points for signing up. You also earn 1 point per dollar on all purchases with no annual earning limit. Also bonus points with buying your groceries (except for Tasmania!!)

Jetstar card also does 1 point per dollar but seems difficult to obtain for some.

Dale.

thanks, Dale.

I'll take a look at the woolworths one. I have an EDR card, so I would hope the transition would be relatively painless.

If they take Amex I've just got one of the no-annual-fee Discovery cards that earns 1pt/$. Didn't get much of a bonus for sign-up (7500 points) but a fee-free card that earns 1 QFpt/$ uncapped was not something to be sniffed at. With no-fee there's no harm in giving it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back