Bankwest Qantas MasterCard - Platinum. Earn 50,000 Qantas points. $160 annual fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Frequent Flyer Credit Cards

Not a bad deal compared to some of the others currently on offer.

Need to spend $2,500 on eligible purchases within 3 months from account opening.

No foreign transaction fees.

Bankwest Qantas MasterCard with a $100 annual fee and 20,000 points and Bankwest Qantas Gold MasterCard with a $150 annual fee and 20,000 points also available.

Last edited:
I saw this passing a BW branch yesterday, agree its one of the better deals.

Agree. I'm likely to take it up after I get my points from the latest NAB and St George offers and cancel those cards.

I wonder if anyone, from their previous dealings with Bankwest, knows how long they take to credit the points. My experiences with different places, like NAB, ANZ and St George is that it can be as short as a few weeks to as long as 4 months.

Agree. I'm likely to take it up after I get my points from the latest NAB and St George offers and cancel those cards.

I wonder if anyone, from their previous dealings with Bankwest, knows how long they take to credit the points. My experiences with different places, like NAB, ANZ and St George is that it can be as short as a few weeks to as long as 4 months.

In the T&C's

Bonus Qantas Points will only be transferred to your account within the month after the end of the 3 month period from account opening.

In the T&C's

Bonus Qantas Points will only be transferred to your account within the month after the end of the 3 month period from account opening.

Yes I saw that. What I meant was do they actually do what they state they will do in the T & C? My experiences with other institutions are that they are sometimes a lot more generous then the T & C (IE. pay sooner then they had to) but at other times they stick to them precisely.

Yes I saw that. What I meant was do they actually do what they state they will do in the T & C? My experiences with other institutions are that they are sometimes a lot more generous then the T & C (IE. pay sooner then they had to) but at other times they stick to them precisely.
In T&C's they frequently state a worse case to give them selves some leeway, but I would certainly not count on getting before the stated terms. ANZ for example did for some, but didn't for the majority and who really knows why.

That looks good!

I wonder how many credit cart application one can do in the same week before getting rejected... :confused:

Looks like a great option except for the part where you need to provide 3 months of bank statements showing salary being credited. My statements would show salary, but also a lot of business expenses being reimbursed.

Last edited:
Sheesh, BW must be struggling to attract new business. Historically they have only ever offered 8000 bonus points for the Platinum card.

I have a home load package with BW that includes a 'free' Platinum MasterCard that I never opted into waiting for a deal like this to come along. T&Cs look favorable for me to be eligible as they don't state "not available with any other offer" and I don't have an existing CC with them. We'll see how I go...

This offer does not apply to existing Bankwest credit card customers who upgrade or vary their existing credit card.

Couldn't see salary requirements for a Platinum card, is there a minimum?

Clazgirl applied yesterday and was approved, she only applied for a single card for herself and was asked for 2 payslips only.

During the conversation she had to provide my salary with no proof, which should have no relevance to her application.

I would be curious if they would have approved with out my salary

I went straight to 'chat' on line to ascertain if my annual pay which comes in on June 30th each year would preclude me (as it did Citibank Sig Free for Life. It seemed too radical for Citi, as otherwise I was way over requirements to qualify for the card. This gave me 2 unwelcome enquires on my credit ID as I also challenged it.)

I told BankWest I would not apply if they did not like my docs to ensure no enquiry on my credit 'score' for no positive outcome, and I would go elsewhere. An agent in BNE called me back straight away, (unlike overseas barely English from Citibanlk). I scanned my docs showing income and emailed them. They approved them on the spot, so we proceeded to an actual application. It was all approved and I signed the Credit Card Request form, scanned and sent that back.

All pretty easy - 50K points for $190 pa fee (TBA wavered or cancelled later), and .75 points per dollar will augment other cards. Must spend $2,500 in next 3 months on this card.

Last edited:
The application process doesn't allow you to choose card/bonus type. It allocates one based on your financial status. Apparently, my status is too poor for even the base card with a 1k limit! Perhaps one to many applications this year.

The application process doesn't allow you to choose card/bonus type. It allocates one based on your financial status. Apparently, my status is too poor for even the base card with a 1k limit! Perhaps one to many applications this year.

it certainly is a different (default) credit card application process. I've never been asked for my TFN before, as this application requests.

I've yet to make my application for this card. I still need to collect the 40,000 from NAB and 60,000 from St George, close those accounts and then apply for this one.

I have activated my card and it's all set to go. What I was really taken aback by and disappointed by was that the paper work featuring photos of foxes as their associate animal. Surely, Bank West must have heard what a problem foxes are. Why the hell couldn't they come up with a native animal - maybe something sprightly and being wiped out by foxes. I wonder if anyone else recently getting this card noticed it?

I have activated my card and it's all set to go. What I was really taken aback by and disappointed by was that the paper work featuring photos of foxes as their associate animal. Surely, Bank West must have heard what a problem foxes are. Why the hell couldn't they come up with a native animal - maybe something sprightly and being wiped out by foxes. I wonder if anyone else recently getting this card noticed it?
No, I ignore all that branding rubbish!

it certainly is a different (default) credit card application process. I've never been asked for my TFN before, as this application requests.

I've yet to make my application for this card. I still need to collect the 40,000 from NAB and 60,000 from St George, close those accounts and then apply for this one.

Decided not to wait. Applied last night and was instantly approved with a $12000 limit ($6000) is the minimum for the platinum. Was surprised as I still haven't cancelled all of the other cards yet (currently have 4 different ones with a limit of close to $60000).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back