Bank of Montreal begins Diners revamp. Any chance of a flow-on to Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIA1A

Citi sold Diners North America to Bank of Montreal (BOM) with the transaction completing on 31 Dec 2009. It seems that the processing transition is running ahead of schedule.

This thread growth strategy for new Diners card - FlyerTalk Forums indicates a major back-office revamp at Diners North America, although there's no mention of new customer initiatives. However, it seems that BOM card business is very business-customer (but not consumer?) driven.

Does anyone know what the state of play is in Australia?

Presumably having flicked the NAM business, Citi would not want to hang on to a minor appendage like an under-invested card such as Diners in Australia. (Thoug there's a different story with Citi's Visa in Aus where we occasionally here public announcements about how Citi will expand its Visa business).

In the meantime, I wonder whether there is any point in keeping this quite expensive card that merchants either won't accept - or charge outsize commissions in order to do so.

There is certainly no indication of major changes here.The website has had an overhaul in the last couple of weeks.The only practical difference with that that I see is no longer can any reward details on your account be seen.
At least my DC is fee free-the best reason for not cancelling it.However my major reason for hanging on to it is my plan to get as many points to Aadvantage as i can and reach LTP(CC points do count for this).
However their rewards program has been dysfunctional now for 11 months so this month I have written to DC applying liquidated damages-my DC card has been put into cold storage until they fix it.In the meantime I have switched all DC spending to Amex.

Other than visual changes, the only other major change I could find on the Diners website was that they now have a merchant finder, and an online form to report non-accepting merchants (similar to Amex). Unfortunately, the form doesn't let you provide an email address to receive feedback from your leads, and it also doesn't let you report surcharging (there is no field for comments - basic business details only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back