Association AMEX cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

avante

Some professional associations such as CPA and ABA offer the Plat Charge for a reduced annual fee and the application form is accessible by the general public (unlike Engineers Australia which will require a login to access the form). Does anyone know if non-CPA members will be able to apply for a CPA-branded card? Nowhere in the form does it ask for a membership number.

FWIW yes it is possible to apply. Was an EA member many years back when I applied for mine (I think they still ask for a membership number though the field is not mandatory). At one of the events, we were encouraged to pitch the card to colleagues/friends as EA receives a kick back for every referral as well as a percentage on monthly spend. Apparently the revenue stream was significant.

I'd imagine things don't differ much for other associations.

FWIW yes it is possible to apply. Was an EA member many years back when I applied for mine (I think they still ask for a membership number though the field is not mandatory). At one of the events, we were encouraged to pitch the card to colleagues/friends as EA receives a kick back for every referral as well as a percentage on monthly spend. Apparently the revenue stream was significant.

I'd imagine things don't differ much for other associations.

Cheers - thanks for the feedback. I've got an EA Plat Edge as well but can't recall if there was a field for a membership number. I'm no longer an EA member though as I have left the industry, so can't check. I should have thought about this before I applied for my Plat Charge - the $250 ongoing discount in annual fee is worth more than the additional 20,000 points through a referral!

Already hold the charge card but was just wondering if it's possible to switch to an association-branded version to get a lower annual fee (and avoid another credit enquiry!). :)

Same here - I called them and I was told I would need to re-apply for the association-branded version, I guess that also means another credit enquiry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back