Article: OzJet Says Business on Budget... Load Factors 50%

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Yada Yada, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Some good news for OzJet. :D
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. Damien

Damien Member

Aug 29, 2005
    BNE
    Not just good news for Ozjet, but for all travellers. Let's hope they can soon get to a point where they can truly be classed as competitive (and fly between more cities).

3. mick

mick Member

Apr 12, 2005
    I flew O7 for the first time on Friday evening from Sydney and the flight was just about full. Flew them again this morning from Melbourne and it was probably 2/3 full. I think the numbers are on the rise.

They were comfortable flights. Didn't think much of the dinner on Friday, but the hot brekkie this morning was fine. The FAs were friendly enough, but one of them seemed a tad nervous (she was on both flights I was on).

I did miss having IFE, but not a biggie on such short flights. It may be a concern on longer sectors once they start, however.

The spaciousness of the cabin was much welcomed, as was the online check-in process which meant there was no mucking about at the airport.

Add to all of that the $249 return price tag - a bargain, IMHO.

Hope they do well.

4. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Some promising news for OzJet.

For those interested, the full transcript of the Business Sunday article is here:
    http://businesssunday.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=86279

Hopefully they can keep up the load factors and turn a profit.

Will be interesting to see how the new PER route will go, especially the connection from SYD via MEL. Time will tell.

5. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I'd like to give them a try - schedule permitting.

Hope they are successful.

6. Yada Yada

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    I've just booked my first flight with OzJet for this Thursday (SYD-MEL-SYD). And comparitively it was quite a good deal. For the times I wanted to travel the O7 fare was $398.02, whereas QF's lowest available fare was $768.00 (Y) and DJ's was $320.00 (Blue Promo).

7. stuandmel

stuandmel Intern

Oct 10, 2005
    Sydney
    Due to a logistical stuff up (ie I have bought a house in Melbourne but am still working in Sydney) I am commuting on a weekly basis. This week my QF fares were $693 return for economy. I've earned over 2100 SC's for the year so don't need to chase any more.

I'm going to try O7 next week - I agree that the IFE isn't a issue on such a short leg but if I were flying from PER I'd think differently.

8. Yada Yada

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Yes, I agree. If I do try O7 to PER in the near future I intend to pack a DVD to play in my laptop. 8) Although I guess those old 737's don't have laptop power outlets.

9. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Re: Article: OzJet Says Business on Budget... Load Factors 5

Yep, promising article. I wonder when any SYD-BNE services will be announced? After all, many people here thought BNE would be offered before PER.

10. mick

mick Member

Apr 12, 2005
    I did have a quick look around the seat yesterday and couldn't find any type of power outlet. Bummer.

11. bambbbam2

bambbbam2 Active Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Perth, WA
    Re: Article: OzJet Says Business on Budget... Load Factors 5

Not a touch of the Green Eyed Gazungas in there, ol chap? :D