Apply to increase credit limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms1

I've received a letter inviting me to "apply" for an increased credit limit. They've specifically mentioned my current limit and the new limit they are offering.

If I log on and apply will they run an inquiry through Veda? It's a tad ambiguous because on one hand they are offering me a new credit limit and on the other hand they are asking me to apply.

I thought their were some new rules against card companies offering credit limit increases, so I suspect that's why it may be worded that way.

Most card companies check Veda regularly in any event, but I suspect would trust your record with them more than any third party records.

I thought their were some new rules against card companies offering credit limit increases, so I suspect that's why it may be worded that way.

Most card companies check Veda regularly in any event, but I suspect would trust your record with them more than any third party records.

I believe they are allowed to offer limit increases, however you have to Opt in, Some banks have an opt in section in the online portal, others such as Amex will have a question on the application regarding limit increase offers.

I reckon there's a good chance they'll pull your file if you accept the offer though.

They haven't, in my recent experience. Amex do seem to do a regular 'check up' every month on my file however (not new inquiry).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back