ANZ Rewards Travel Adventure now 60,000 velocity points; 1 domestic return flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ANZ Rewards Travel Adventure now 60,000 velocity points; 1 domestic return flight

Number of things:

- It is an excellent offer especially you get a free flight out of it, especially if you are at east coast and need to go to Perth or Darwin or Red Centre .......
- The free flight need to be booked 60 days in advance.
- It can replace 28 degree card as it doesn't have foreign exchange fees.
- Velocity points are everywhere these days!

Re: ANZ Rewards Travel Adventure now 60,000 velocity points; 1 domestic return flight

Anyone know when this deal expires? I can't find it on the page

How does this get linked to your Velocity account? On the application form there is nowhere to put in your Velocity number? i've been advised that this may be targeted by Virgin and that the points get linked to your name if applicable. So I'm worried that it may mean if you have not been targeted (e.g. emailed), then you won't get the bonus points. Has anyone received the points to tell me I'm wrong? :)

Good question! I've just applied and noticed there was nowhere to input your velocity number. Not sure if I'll get approved for this as I just applied for the HSBC one too. Otherwise, I think this is a good deal! I have regrets on cancelling my Bankwest Qantas CC as that was a great card without foreign transaction fees too (and has an app, unlike 28 degrees, but they reduced their points earn too much), so this should make up for it.

You can call Anz rewards centre to add velocity number but I am still unsure of if the points will post or not.
[h=2]ANZ Rewards Centre contact information[/h] Phone: 1300 367 763 8am to 8pm AEST Monday to Friday, excluding national public holidays .

You can also log into ANZ rewards online, to add your details.

nice offer! if i have the anz frequent flyer black card already, would that disqualify me? had a look at the T&C and only reference I could find was this

Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card within the previous 12 months

as it specifically only mentions the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card would we be able to get away with it? how strikt are ANZ generally with this sort of offers?

Is there a map of where you can fly to from each city?

This card is even better than the 28 Degree Card on cash advances when overseas.
"3. ANZ will waive the overseas transaction fee on foreign currency transactions and transactions where the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside Australia. ANZ will also waive the cash advance fee if you use your ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures account to withdraw actual cash from a branch or ATM located overseas".
Regards,
Renato

This card is even better than the 28 Degree Card on cash advances when overseas.
"3. ANZ will waive the overseas transaction fee on foreign currency transactions and transactions where the merchant or financial institution accepting the card is located outside Australia. ANZ will also waive the cash advance fee if you use your ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures account to withdraw actual cash from a branch or ATM located overseas".
Regards,
Renato

Wow. Fantastic!

But not the ATM fees like the Citi bank debt card :(

How do they determine what counts as a year for the free flights?

Is it a normal calendar year (Jan - Dec), or a year from the date you signed up?

nice offer! if i have the anz frequent flyer black card already, would that disqualify me? had a look at the T&C and only reference I could find was this

Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card within the previous 12 months

as it specifically only mentions the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card would we be able to get away with it? how strikt are ANZ generally with this sort of offers?

i am wondering this too- think I will cancel my black first so it's not confused as a transfer.

Normally it is a year from your start date.

How do they determine what counts as a year for the free flights?

Is it a normal calendar year (Jan - Dec), or a year from the date you signed up?

Cancelled the FF Black QF cards from June 16, and immediately applied for these and approved. Excellent.

Cancelled the FF Black QF cards from June 16, and immediately applied for these and approved. Excellent.

nice work! I hope to do this today also.

Just rec'd my 2 cards, 2 suitcase tags with a metal 'band' to attach to the suitcase (one of which I cannot undo), and a passport sized little welcome book. All in all it makes a nicely presented package that has been thought out. All they and other card issuers need now, is a sticker or something that says, 'you applied under the 60K bonus and we'll give those to you in x months time'. It would save a lot of no waste of time / no progress phone calls into the issuer.

Last edited:

Applied last week and got a call from credit to ask to send in the payslip. Sent it on the same day and the card was approved next day.

Look forward to use the card on my upcoming Christmas trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back