Status
Not open for further replies.

blackcat20

Enthusiast
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Just had an email from Qantas offering 50% bonus points on all spend on my ANZ card from today until August 31. I was planning on cancelling in the next few weeks so I wonder if this is an attempt to keep people hooked...

Just had an email from Qantas offering 50% bonus points on all spend on my ANZ card from today until August 31. I was planning on cancelling in the next few weeks so I wonder if this is an attempt to keep people hooked...

Interesting..... I'm in the same boat..... Thinking of cancelling when annual fee is due in 2 months time.
Use CBA nowadays better earn rate on MC earn & no annual fee.
If ANZ gave me this offer I could be persuaded to stick around.

I'd actually like to keep mine but I dont want to pay $300 for the privilege.

I'd actually like to keep mine but I dont want to pay $300 for the privilege.

Interesting! I just got a similar offer of 25% more points on my ANZ FF Black. I was also going to cancel in a month's time but now this has me thinking... It puts my Amex at 1.75pts/$1 but the Visa is still less than what I get on my CitiBusiness. The annual fee of $425 is a little steep and probably won't be covered by the extra points over three months.

Last edited:
25% for the Black as well. I like the card but the fee is a killer. I see others have had no luck in getting the fee waived, wonder if offering to pay half would have more success.

Same - I've got an email today offering me 25% extra QFF points as of today for 3 months if I keep using my ANZ Black card. Probably won't use it as the annual fee is too high and I was going to cancel the card next month

haven't got an email but it appears this promo is not targeted? have both the plat and black cards as well.

Interesting! I just got a similar offer of 25% more points on my ANZ FF Black. I was also going to cancel in a month's time but now this has me thinking... It puts my Amex at 1.75pts/$1 but the Visa is still less than what I get on my CitiBusiness. The annual fee of $425 is a little steep and probably won't be covered by the extra points over three months.

25% for the Black as well. I like the card but the fee is a killer. I see others have had no luck in getting the fee waived, wonder if offering to pay half would have more success.

Same - I've got an email today offering me 25% extra QFF points as of today for 3 months if I keep using my ANZ Black card. Probably won't use it as the annual fee is too high and I was going to cancel the card next month
spacer.gif
Dear kpc,
As a valued ANZ Frequent Flyer Black cardholder, ANZ will give you 25% bonus Qantas Points on all eligible purchases made with your ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card from 1 June to 31 August 2015*.

All you need to do is use your credit card during the three month promotional period and your bonus points will automatically be credited to your account - it's that easy to be rewarded.
A maximum of 100,000 bonus Qantas Points can be earned over the three month promotional period. Bonus Qantas Points will only be earned on personal spend. Eligible purchases exclude fees
My Black Card anniversary is sometime in August....need to check! A 25% bonus makes it 0.9375 QF pts per $ on the Visa (My QPCU Visa card is 1 QF pt per $) and the Amex becomes 1.875 QF pts per $ ...not to shabby....wonder if payments to our friends in Canberra count as personal spend, and before you get too carried away, note the 100K cap!

Last edited:
Just received the 50% offer on the basic card. Still not sure if it's worth the fee to keep it, especially with the $3k monthly points cap.

My Black Card anniversary is sometime in August....need to check! A 25% bonus makes it 0.9375 QF pts per $ on the Visa (My QPCU Visa card is 1 QF pt per $) and the Amex becomes 1.875 QF pts per $ ...not to shabby....wonder if payments to our friends in Canberra count as personal spend, and before you get too carried away, note the 100K cap!

I was calculating the extra 25% to be on each dollar spend, rather than the points per dollar - does anyone know for sure which applies? The latter makes the deal a little more compelling on the Amex.

I was calculating the extra 25% to be on each dollar spend, rather than the points per dollar - does anyone know for sure which applies? The latter makes the deal a little more compelling on the Amex.

It's bonus points. In my case, 50% bonus. So 0.75 extra on the Amex and 0.25 extra on the Visa for me. Therefore 2.25/0.75 per $.

Got the email of 50% more QFF on the Black VISA and AMEX, are the bonus points transferred upon the monthly statement issue or after the promotion ends? I saw the bonus points earned in my July statement already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back