ANZ Qantas Business Rewards Card

squid01

Just noticed this business card came up recently.

100k points for 6k spend in 3 months. Zero first year fee. Pretty good deal!

Has anyone applied for this one yet? I have gotten other business cards in the past and they have looked/taken into account my salary from my regular job and overlooked the fact I have almost zero income on my ABN in the last year, as I am just starting that business back up. If you have gone for this ANZ one asks they take your salary from regular employment into consideration?

Also in the marketing it says about the minimum spend has to be on eligible business expenses. I had a browse of the T&C’s and seems you can reach the spend on any sort of regular good, just not the usual BPay, or government payments, can anyone confirm?

Any experiences from anyone from the application or spending side of things will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I've tried, there was a problem and I requested a call-back (2 days apparently) that was 2 weeks ago.

Just saw this, says it connects with your accounting software (Xero, MYOB or Inuit QuickBooks) using their platform GoBiz.
Looks like it operates independently of the personal cards, so there is no 12 month exclusion period.
Certainly a good offer in the current climate.

I too am interested whether I could use personal income as part of the consideration as a sole trader with an ABN and relatively low business income.

Has anyone applied for this at all? Many hoops to jump through? My business revenue is very low so wondering whether they would even consider me.

Has anyone applied for this at all? Many hoops to jump through? My business revenue is very low so wondering whether they would even consider me.

Have given this a go.

Called this afternoon to ask if they would even consider me given paltry revenue of $5k per Qtr and was surprised to not be immediately laughed at. Told they will consider my PAYG income as well when looking at serviceability as I’m a sole trader. Was asked a bunch of questions relating to the nature of the business, revenue & expenses, what I will charge to the card etc. Was asked to provide latest BAS & client account statement for 12 months which I have. Also have a Business Credit Card Authority & Business Credit Card Application forms to complete which I’ll do tomorrow.

Sounds somewhat promising but we will see.

Got this card, will use it in the next week or so.
There was an issue with linking to the accounting software, so I got a bunch of forms to fill out.
Had to include an ATO Integrated Client Account Statement from my accountant.
Took a bit over a week to get the card once approved.

Edit: called the rewards team to check my QBR details were linked. Was told it takes a week for a newly opened account to appear on their end and that points accrued will become ANZ rewards points initially, before being converted to QBR(?).

Have given this a go.

Called this afternoon to ask if they would even consider me given paltry revenue of $5k per Qtr and was surprised to not be immediately laughed at. Told they will consider my PAYG income as well when looking at serviceability as I’m a sole trader. Was asked a bunch of questions relating to the nature of the business, revenue & expenses, what I will charge to the card etc. Was asked to provide latest BAS & client account statement for 12 months which I have. Also have a Business Credit Card Authority & Business Credit Card Application forms to complete which I’ll do tomorrow.

Sounds somewhat promising but we will see.

Initially did the application without including my PAYG income. Had to provide last Qtr BAS, integrated client statement and complete a couple of ANZ application forms. Don’t use any accounting software so was all provided manually from the ATO app. As expected they wouldn’t approve based on the extremely low level of business activity. Said it wasn’t high enough to service the minimum credit limit.

Then asked to include my PAYG income when assessing and was a different story. Provided - latest notice of assessment, accountant prepared tax return, payslip and completed a personal statement of financial position and a simple business plan outlining expected revenues and expenses for the next 12 months.

May sound like a lot of stuff to provide and complete but didn’t take too long. Have had personal credit card applications that took longer. Process has been dragged out a little though as the person assessing the application seems a bit slow. Maybe that’s standard for this sort of applications?

Anyway, appears to have been approved so good news. Awaiting formal confirmation though. Hope to get the card some time next week.

Initially did the application without including my PAYG income. Had to provide last Qtr BAS, integrated client statement and complete a couple of ANZ application forms. Don’t use any accounting software so was all provided manually from the ATO app. As expected they wouldn’t approve based on the extremely low level of business activity. Said it wasn’t high enough to service the minimum credit limit.

Then asked to include my PAYG income when assessing and was a different story. Provided - latest notice of assessment, accountant prepared tax return, payslip and completed a personal statement of financial position and a simple business plan outlining expected revenues and expenses for the next 12 months.

May sound like a lot of stuff to provide and complete but didn’t take too long. Have had personal credit card applications that took longer. Process has been dragged out a little though as the person assessing the application seems a bit slow. Maybe that’s standard for this sort of applications?

Anyway, appears to have been approved so good news. Awaiting formal confirmation though. Hope to get the card some time next week.

Update: apparently I was mistaken and not approved yet. Just met the requirements to go to the assessor - ie is serviceable. Will see what happens from here over the next week or so.

Got this card, will use it in the next week or so.
There was an issue with linking to the accounting software, so I got a bunch of forms to fill out.
Had to include an ATO Integrated Client Account Statement from my accountant.
Took a bit over a week to get the card once approved.

Edit: called the rewards team to check my QBR details were linked. Was told it takes a week for a newly opened account to appear on their end and that points accrued will become ANZ rewards points initially, before being converted to QBR(?).
Have received my first statement, spent <6k.
Statement has ABN showing and points have been credited to my QBR account.

I tried to initiate this and took the whole month with back and forth email, documents to fill in, even with personal detailed tax return last year but got rejected as my ABN is still new and some other excuse. Found it so hard to apply for business CC. Tried with NAB Qantas Business CC and was required to hook up with accounting software. Why is it so hard to open Business CC? Can someone please give me some advises? TIA

Update: apparently I was mistaken and not approved yet. Just met the requirements to go to the assessor - ie is serviceable. Will see what happens from here over the next week or so.

Forgot to update this.

Went back and forth with the assessor relating questions and requesting documents via the original staff member I contacted acting as an intermediary. Eventually told it would not be approved as wouldn't service even with my PAYG income included. Even after cancelling an ANZ personal card with a $15k limit it still apparently wouldn’t service. Told them that I found this bizarre as experience told me that a personal credit card would be approved with zero issues. Couldn’t get an answer as to why a business card had a different outcome. Expressed my irritation that a credit enquiry was done prior to assessing the application. Asked why they would do that when the numbers I provided would have already indicated that the application would not be approved. No response.

Forgot to update this.

Went back and forth with the assessor relating questions and requesting documents via the original staff member I contacted acting as an intermediary. Eventually told it would not be approved as wouldn't service even with my PAYG income included. Even after cancelling an ANZ personal card with a $15k limit it still apparently wouldn’t service. Told them that I found this bizarre as experience told me that a personal credit card would be approved with zero issues. Couldn’t get an answer as to why a business card had a different outcome. Expressed my irritation that a credit enquiry was done prior to assessing the application. Asked why they would do that when the numbers I provided would have already indicated that the application would not be approved. No response.
This was exactly like my experience. After she emailed me saying it would not service with the figures I provided then she ghosted me regardless how I tried to talk to her or asked for recon.

Had to call to cancel (couldn't do it on the app), they sent me a form that I filled out and returned.
Closed within a few days.

Back