ANZ Platinum Frequent Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

juxiek

Hi
We are travelling to the UK via Asia and then onto Italy where we will be doing a cruise.
I have been told that our ANZ Freequent Flyers Platinum card covers our travel insurance provided some has been paid for on this card.
Most of our flights have been booked on our frequent flyers.
Can anyone tell me whether I would still need to take out extra Insurance cover :?:
If the cruise would also be covered :?:
Or any information that would be helpful this is our first time for overseas travel.
Also we booked our flights on our points back in September last year and our stop over is Bangkok does anyone know if Qantas if they cease flying into Bangkok would divert to say Singapore and if they would honour the tickets of those who have booked on their frequent flyers :?:
Any helpful advise would be appreciated :p

Hi
We are travelling to the UK via Asia and then onto Italy where we will be doing a cruise.
I have been told that our ANZ Freequent Flyers Platinum card covers our travel insurance provided some has been paid for on this card.
Most of our flights have been booked on our frequent flyers.
Can anyone tell me whether I would still need to take out extra Insurance cover :?:
If the cruise would also be covered :?:
Or any information that would be helpful this is our first time for overseas travel.
Also we booked our flights on our points back in September last year and our stop over is Bangkok does anyone know if Qantas if they cease flying into Bangkok would divert to say Singapore and if they would honour the tickets of those who have booked on their frequent flyers :?:
Any helpful advise would be appreciated :p
juxiek,

Welcome to AFF.

I suggest that you get a copy of the insurance policy and read through what they actually offer you. There seems to be many variations to the insurance offered between the various cards and the answer is really going to vary depending upon your needs.

There are also quite a few threads here that refer to CC based travel insurance that may be of use to you.

The answer is extremely subjective so good luck. ;)

Hi Bill
Thanks for advise.
I think I need all the luck I can get since we booked this trip Volcano's, Bangkok what next??

I have an ANZ PLT card and my understanding is you need to spend a min. $250 on overseas related expenditure prior to departure to be eligible for complimentary insurance cover; so prepay a hotel room, a cruise or whatever that is over the min. amount and that will do the trick. (Just read the T&C's in detail, there may be a maximum period away condition).

I have not needed to make a claim upon the comp insurance so I can't advise how it works or how good it is. That said, I don't rely on that as my main cover, as I have an annual multi-trip insurance cover with TID (due to expire) and be moving to 1Cover next month.

With any involuntary scheduling / route changes by QF, they will try and assist to ensure you aren't adversely affected & will do all they can - to get you on board.

the main conditions are max 6 month out of australia and min $250 of pre paid travel costs before departure.

It's 1 of the better insurance policies out there, especially when compared to Citibank and there 15000 point transfer, points earned within the last 12 months, flight booked within 30 days of points transfer.

Slightly off topic, but from what a college at work said the Plat Amex Forex fee seems to be rather high compared to his other card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back