ANZ Overpays Qantas Points on new AMEX card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutcase

Just opened a letter from ANZ stating that they have been overpaying Frequent Flyer points on my FF AMEX gold card and there will be an adjustment.

Did anyone else get this?

Just opened a letter from ANZ stating that they have been overpaying Frequent Flyer points on my FF AMEX gold card and there will be an adjustment.

Did anyone else get this?

Yes I got one too but they said they would not deduct any of the overpaid points. Meant to call them today to get some more details. My card is a FF AMEX PLAT

Yes I got one too but they said they would not deduct any of the overpaid points. Meant to call them today to get some more details. My card is a FF AMEX PLAT
I got this letter this week sometime. Just called ANZ apparently the letter is about the bonus offer for the AMEX and that it didn't expiry on the correct date. They told that for me the bonus points stopped a few days later. But they also said they don't know if I had actually been given any excess points.

As I'm cancelling the card today, I had a rant at them, firstly about the fact that the letter I was sent said the bonus was until the end of March, and the earlier cut off was advised in the fine print and then about the whole change over process being a complete debacle. One classic response was that the CSR didn't know who made decision at ANZ. That and the lying (yes, the CSR outright lied to me about another thing) just prove how badly they stuffed this process up.

I got this one too, yet I doubt I've been over paid points.

I just cancelled my card today ANZ Gold, they said they could reduce the annual fee to $55 for the year to keep me on it but I get better value with my other FF cards. He asked if I was cancelling because of the points, so I assume that maybe quite a few people are doing the same thing.

I rang to cancel because of the reduced points earning. They put my earning rate back up until my fee is due. Seems to be the second step as I had already accepted the reduced fee offer.

I got the letter today, but it said they wouldn't be making any adjustment to points earned as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back