Status
Not open for further replies.

wxxnxs

ANZ Black credit cards | ANZ

New black rewards card, earning scheme:

AMEX $1=3 POINTS=1 FFP (AM, KRISFLYER) =1.33 velocity

VISA $1=2 POINTS=0.5 FFP (AM, KRISFLYER)=0.88 velocity

Annual fee $375 plus
  • Unlimited access to participating airport lounges outside Australia[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • Comprehensive Overseas travel and medical insurance[SUP]3[/SUP] – you could save up to $800 on overseas travel and medical insurance (eligibility criteria apply)[SUP]4[/SUP]
  • Redeem Reward Points[SUP]1[/SUP] for travel with virtually any airline, any time; as well as hotels, car hire, Velocity points or points on other frequent flyer programs.rewards when you shop
    • ANZ's highest Reward Point[SUP]1[/SUP] earn rate, plus
    • 10,000 Reward Point Loyalty Bonus[SUP]5[/SUP] when you make at least $50,000 of qualifying purchases on your account in the first year.
    rewards for your lifestyle
    • Cashback[SUP]6[/SUP] onto your ANZ credit card or transaction account
    • Shopping vouchers with a wide range of stores.

Last edited:
Not bad TBH

Being able to hold points and then transfer out to SQ/NZ/VA is quite good!

Also this is quite good too!

"Great value and peace of mind every time you rent a car in Australia with Rental excess cover[SUP]1[/SUP].
With your Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black card account, you’re automatically covered by Rental excess cover when you hire a car from a major car rental company in Australia, at no extra cost. Rental excess cover reduces your excess if you have an accident in a car hired by you in Australia. Most car rental companies generally charge around $20 to $30 per day for this type of insurance. Without this cover, your excess for damage to a rental car in the event of an accident could be anywhere between $2,000 to $5,000. In the event of an accident, the Rental excess cover will pay your rental excess over the first $350 up to a maximum of $5,000."

Yep - will definitely have a crack as soon as they offer 40K sign on bonus or such - only a matter of time.

Indeed!

I am also not a fan of direct sweep cards, any airline can "enhance" their rewards program at any time, so it's better to have a pool of points with a credit card/bank and then transfer out as needed and also when/if airline partners have bonus points on offer for transfers!

ANZ Black credit cards | ANZ

New black rewards card, earning scheme:

AMEX $1=3 POINTS=1.5 FFP (AM, VELOCITY, KRISFLYER)

VISA $1=2 POINTS=1 FFP (AM, VELOCITY, KRISFLYER)

Annual fee $375 plus
  • Unlimited access to participating airport lounges outside Australia[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • Comprehensive Overseas travel and medical insurance[SUP]3[/SUP] – you could save up to $800 on overseas travel and medical insurance (eligibility criteria apply)[SUP]4[/SUP]
  • Redeem Reward Points[SUP]1[/SUP] for travel with virtually any airline, any time; as well as hotels, car hire, Velocity points or points on other frequent flyer programs.rewards when you shop
    • ANZ's highest Reward Point[SUP]1[/SUP] earn rate, plus
    • 10,000 Reward Point Loyalty Bonus[SUP]5[/SUP] when you make at least $50,000 of qualifying purchases on your account in the first year.
    rewards for your lifestyle
    • Cashback[SUP]6[/SUP] onto your ANZ credit card or transaction account
    • Shopping vouchers with a wide range of stores.

Very similar to Westpac's Black card, except Westpac's Black card earns more on Mastercard.

Not bad TBH

Being able to hold points and then transfer out to SQ/NZ/VA is quite good!

Also this is quite good too!

"Great value and peace of mind every time you rent a car in Australia with Rental excess cover[SUP]1[/SUP].
With your Platinum or ANZ Rewards Black card account, you’re automatically covered by Rental excess cover when you hire a car from a major car rental company in Australia, at no extra cost. Rental excess cover reduces your excess if you have an accident in a car hired by you in Australia. Most car rental companies generally charge around $20 to $30 per day for this type of insurance. Without this cover, your excess for damage to a rental car in the event of an accident could be anywhere between $2,000 to $5,000. In the event of an accident, the Rental excess cover will pay your rental excess over the first $350 up to a maximum of $5,000."

ANZ Platinum cards have had this rental car cover for over 18 months.

Indeed!

I am also not a fan of direct sweep cards, any airline can "enhance" their rewards program at any time, so it's better to have a pool of points with a credit card/bank and then transfer out as needed and also when/if airline partners have bonus points on offer for transfers!

Banks can, and do, 'enhance' their rewards scheme, on a regular basis.

Very similar to Westpac's Black card, except Westpac's Black card earns more on Mastercard.

Actually, ANZ Visa earns more than Westpac mastercard.

ANZ VISA $1=2 points=1 FFP

Westpac Master $1=1.25 points=0.625 FFP

Hi, was interested in this card as I've held a ANZ QFF Plat for awhile and looking for a change. I'm new to this... but from what I can see, ANZ Rewards converts as follows:

AMEX = $1 = 3 ANZ Rewards = 1.33 Velocity pts = 1 Asia Mile/KrisFlyer = 0.015 Airpoints
Visa = $1 = 2 ANZ Rewards = 0.89 Velocity pts = 0.67 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer = 0.01 Airpoints

Dunno about this card... maybe if there was a bonus offer...

Hi, was interested in this card as I've held a ANZ QFF Plat for awhile and looking for a change. I'm new to this... but from what I can see, ANZ Rewards converts as follows:

AMEX = $1 = 3 ANZ Rewards = 1.33 Velocity pts = 1 Asia Mile/KrisFlyer = 0.015 Airpoints
Visa = $1 = 2 ANZ Rewards = 0.89 Velocity pts = 0.67 Asia Miles/KrisFlyer = 0.01 Airpoints

Dunno about this card... maybe if there was a bonus offer...

Yeah I read the T&C's, did the calcs and got the same figures.

Overall pretty disappointing particularly the Amex earn, the Visa would be the market leading Visa/MC for Velocity points from ATO bills, and also just ahead of the Westpac Black MC for KrisFlyer.
Annual fee is pretty hefty at $395.

Points are able to be pooled up to three years. Haven't been able to find whether any points cap apply. Westpac also able to send FF points to Enrich.

I am looking into the card. but not sure if I missed something, but I noticed the following:

Redeem Reward Points Category - Frequent Flyer Points & Airmiles

Redeem multiples of 2,250 Reward Points for 1,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
Account Holders will receive 15 Airpoints Dollars for 3,000 Reward Points
Account Holders will receive 2,000 KrisFlyer Miles for 6,000 Reward Points and 1,000 KrisFlyer Miles for 3,000 Reward Points.
Cardholders will receive 1,000 Asia Miles for 3,000 Reward Point

So the ratio should be:
2.25 Reward points = 1 Velocity point
200 reward points = 1 Airpoint Dollar
3 Reward points = 1 Krisflyer point
3 Reward points = 1 Asia Miles point

So for Amex Black, it should be 1 dollar = 1 KF/AM point, rather than 1 dollar = 1.5 KF/AM point, right?

Actually, ANZ Visa earns more than Westpac mastercard.

ANZ VISA $1=2 points=1 FFP

Westpac Master $1=1.25 points=0.625 FFP
Visa earn is good but others similar for lower annual fee. Being able to qurantine is good but does it justify the annual fee, probably not but with a bonus I might be tempted. For me it's certainly worth considering but not quite getting me to "buy".

Thank you...

Thought the rewards every poor on CX & the like basically 3 points to each one of theirs.

Last edited:
Was starting to like this for a CX redeem later then I read the info...

• Earn 2 Membership Rewards points[SUP]1[/SUP] per dollar spent on all purchases excluding utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express) and government bodies in Australia where you earn 0.5 Membership Rewards points[SUP]1[/SUP] per dollar spent
  • Once you have reached the cap of 100,000 Membership Rewards points you'll earn 1 point per dollar spent, excluding the above categories where you'll still earn 0.5 per dollar spent

I am looking into the card. but not sure if I missed something, but I noticed the following:

Redeem Reward Points Category - Frequent Flyer Points & Airmiles

Redeem multiples of 2,250 Reward Points for 1,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
Account Holders will receive 15 Airpoints Dollars for 3,000 Reward Points
Account Holders will receive 2,000 KrisFlyer Miles for 6,000 Reward Points and 1,000 KrisFlyer Miles for 3,000 Reward Points.
Cardholders will receive 1,000 Asia Miles for 3,000 Reward Point

So the ratio should be:
2.25 Reward points = 1 Velocity point
200 reward points = 1 Airpoint Dollar
3 Reward points = 1 Krisflyer point
3 Reward points = 1 Asia Miles point

So for Amex Black, it should be 1 dollar = 1 KF/AM point, rather than 1 dollar = 1.5 KF/AM point, right?

My mistake, apologise for that. I have updated the transfer ratio in first page.

Was starting to like this for a CX redeem later then I read the info...

• Earn 2 Membership Rewards points[SUP]1[/SUP] per dollar spent on all purchases excluding utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express) and government bodies in Australia where you earn 0.5 Membership Rewards points[SUP]1[/SUP] per dollar spent
  • Once you have reached the cap of 100,000 Membership Rewards points you'll earn 1 point per dollar spent, excluding the above categories where you'll still earn 0.5 per dollar spent

Limewood, those points sound like they are from an actual AMEX issued credit card product not a bank issued (which this ANZ card) is... Are you looking at the right page? Membership rewards is the AMEX program isn't it?

I'm going to stick with my Altitude Black. The Amex earn is disappointing indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back