ANZ FF Black - Insurance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcs0228

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at getting an ANZ FF Black card for two reasons. 1) The QFF points, and 2) the complimentary insurance when my wife and I travel overseas. Does anyone have any first hand experience on making an insurance claim with ANZ's insurer (which is QBE) and if so were you happy with the claims process?

My wife has a couple of pre-existing medical conditions which are not automatically covered. After reading the ANZ insurance PDS today I rang QBE insurers (the underwriters for the FF Black insurance) and told them that I was going to apply for a FF Black card but wanted to know whether my wife's medical conditions would be covered. They wanted me to submit a form and pay them $75 before they would give me any advice. I told them to forget it and rang ANZ to complain. ANZ told me they could help but then just transferred me straight back to QBE who once again wanted $75. I gave up at that point.

All my previous travel insurance has been with Covermore and the one claim I did make with them was handled very well. I am reluctant to change to a credit card insurance policy if the policy is not going to be up to scratch.

Based on my experience, some decisions you have to make with your heart contrary to the T&Cs. A company that is obnoxious to deal with when they are trying to win you as a customer, just imagine how they could be if they are trying to avoid a payout.

Regardless of what you might hear about the process, it would always be a concern. Insurance is intended to let you travel with peace of mind.

Enjoy your travels.

Alby

Last edited:
Based on my experience, some decisions you have to make with your heart contrary to the T&Cs. A company that is obnoxious to deal with when they are trying to win you as a customer, just imagine how they could be if they are trying to avoid a payout.

Regardless of what you might here about the process, it would always be a concern. Insurance is intended to let you travel with peace of mind.

Enjoy your travels.

Alby

Thanks for your reply Alby. I'm starting to lean towards your way of thinking as well.

Regards
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back