ANZ FF Amex and Visacard offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinkacruiser

Hi there,
I have a query re the Amex card. It was activated at 2pm Friday. I paid a USD deposit on a holiday shortly after by phone. The TA contacted me this morning and said when she tried to credit the booking, an error message stated "incorrect expiry date" (02/12). I had in fact given her the correct expiry date, so what could the problem be?
Maybe someone has also experienced this?
Is this a problem with ANZ or the TA?
Thanks

Hi there,
I have a query re the Amex card. It was activated at 2pm Friday. I paid a USD deposit on a holiday shortly after by phone. The TA contacted me this morning and said when she tried to credit the booking, an error message stated "incorrect expiry date" (02/12). I had in fact given her the correct expiry date, so what could the problem be?
Maybe someone has also experienced this?
Is this a problem with ANZ or the TA?
Thanks

I recently booked (online) some QF flights using my relatively recently issued ANZ AMEX CC to pay one night, and got a call from QF the next day to say the card was 'declined'. The agent on the phone simply tried it again (same correct details as originally provided) and it was accepted. Mystery!

PS. The card had been previously used successfully for a number of purchases from other merchants.

It was activated at 2pm Friday. I paid a USD deposit on a holiday shortly after by phone..
Was it a US - Aust date format issue ?
It may have taken some time for the activation to spin around cyberspace

Also check the CVV number (3 digit number). As a merchant I have seen the Incorrect Expiry date error when the CVV number was wrong (and the expiry date was correct)

There has also been a limit Y2010K problem with some bank systems. Apparent they don't like the year 2010 and change the system clock to 2016 or similar, thereby expiring all the cards.

Thanks everyone. ...all good possibilities. I will see if the same card works at the petrol station today . I'm sweating on that deposit for our holiday going through tomorrow as it's the closing day for deposits.

By the way, the ANZ gave me $3000 credit with these 2 cards. My Bpay limit is $10,000 per day. Will I need to ask for a higher limit when it comes to paying the balance of the cruise holiday?( I've put down 2K and there's another 8K to add on in December). As we are off to Rio March 2011, there will be about $10K in airfares/hotels as well. In the meantime, will I have to keep a check on spending to stay within the 3K limit?

Cards limits

Me again....
By the way, the ANZ gave me $3K credit with these 2 cards. My Bpay limit is $10K per day. Will I need to ask for a higher limit when it comes to paying the balance of the cruise holiday?( I've put down 2K and there's another 8K to add on in December). As we are off to Rio March 2011, there will be about $10K in airfares/hotels as well. In the meantime, will I have to keep a check on spending to stay within the 3K limit? I only have $1K left for another month.:rolleyes:
Thanks again

ANZ will let you go into credit on the card.

So if you whack $7k cash onto the card now, you'll effectively have a $10k limit, although they may restrict you to $3k per day spend. Might be worth a call to clarify such a large transaction for your limit is ok.

Just a postscript re that glitch last weekend. Seems like I jumped the gun and tried to use the card before it was fully activated. You had to wait for the letter of offer/invitation letter...which arrived the following day. The bank assumed I was in receipt of it....not their fault at all.
Might be worth noting if you are in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back