ANZ Dispute over 10,000 Bonus Points Classic FF Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusc

Hi All,

I am currently in a heated dispute with ANZ in regards to my ANZ FF Classic Credit Card.

I obtained this card in Feb 2012 when the promotion was on with 10,000 bonus points. The whole reason I got this specific card was to obtain the bonus points. 3 months passed since my first purchase and I still had not received my bonus points. I called ANZ to find out what was going on and it turns out the lady at the branch had accidentally chosen to option to get a 2.5% balance transfer rate instead of the points (useless to me as this is my first credit card). ANZ have tried to pin it on me that I made the application and ticked that specific box (which I didn't)...Anyway that's a whole separate problem.

Today I received a phone call from the complaints department saying that the offer at the time (Feb 26) was only for 5,000 bonus points at that time and the FF platinum had 10,000! and they have checked their records and that is all they are going to give me. It is a complete lie as I am 100% sure that the offer was for 10,000 points and I am finding it hard to find a way to prove to them that it was.

Did anyone apply for the card around that time and receive the 10,000 points?

Does anyone know if there has even been an offer for just 5,000 points?

Does anyone have any paper work, photos of signs, websites, ANYTHING that will prove that it was 10,000 points?

any general advice would be greatly appreciated.

I will be moving all my accounts over to CBA if this does not get sorted.

Thank You

I also didn't get my 10k bonus points credited (signed up in March).
I followed it up with them last week and told them specifically it was 10k that was missing.
I checked my internet banking today to see 20k points credited. *shrug*

I also didn't get my 10k bonus points credited (signed up in March).
I followed it up with them last week and told them specifically it was 10k that was missing.
I checked my internet banking today to see 20k points credited. *shrug*
Yes, I had this experience with another bank myself, funnily enough I got busy and forgot to complain about the overpayment.

A good tip is to always take a screenshot of any applications you make... it is of great assistance in cases like this.

I have a 10k print out from June 2011 and a 16k printout from Dec 2011. Let me know

we tried to cancel an ANZ card and they said that the annual fee cannot be refunded even though it was charged only a few days before that. ANyone had this experience as well?

we tried to cancel an ANZ card and they said that the annual fee cannot be refunded even though it was charged only a few days before that. ANyone had this experience as well?

I thought it should get refunded on pro-rata base. You should ask that person to double check with his/her supervisor and know what he/she is talking about.

i had the same issue last year with ANZ with my platinum ff card. They had 32k bonus so i got it just for that. 3 months went by then 4 months and i had nothing so i emailed them, They told me that i had chosen the option also for the special rate on branch transfers.

i replied saying no i didnt. I told them one of the main reasons i signed up for the card was for the bonus and that i would have to re-assess my card choice now if they dont credit me. Got a reply from someone higher up saying out of good faith she will credit me the 32k as long as i dont make use of the balance transfer offer. Which i didnt, few days later i had the 32k points. Still didnt change the fact it was a muck around. ANZ seem quite useless.

Called up to cancel my card today, they threw another 5000 points at me. I'm a very low value customer to them (low limit, low spend, paid on time)
Shrug. Will try cancel again as soon as they post.

Yes!
I signed up about 2 years ago on the basis of receiving about .75 points per dollar on Visa and 1 per dollar on Amex. Something like that. Anyway the points earn gradually reduced without them telling me (at least in a way I would notice). I called to cancel and they offered me 5,000 points. I declined (although I guess I could have taken them and cancelled later) and they told me that the annual fee would not be waived (I was TWO WEEKS into the year). I asked them to explain to me, man to man, how they could justify charging me for a service I wasn't receiving, they said it was in the T&C. I was put through to the complaints department who waived it straight away. So unethical, just a disgraceful experience.

Sound like ANZ have some big internal issues.

I had a big issue last year with a offer of 16000 points and 1 year fee free .

I signed up online for the offer via a special link that clearly stated what the offer was.

I noticed on my first statement I was charged the annual fee. I called up to clarify only to be told that no such offer was ever in the market. Lucky for me , I had not cleared by browsing history so I was able to get a screen capture of the original offer. Even after sending this to them they still said no …..

In the end I got my points and my fee refunded… however it was a 4 month process

I've always found CBA to be pretty solid if not very exciting. ANZ in my experience is not even close in terms of internal consistency and tend to drive me bonkers fairly quickly (3-6 months).

The major problem for me, and the real reason I barely deal with the CBA is that they seem to rarely try very hard to entice new customers or keep old ones - so not much special love from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back