ANZ 40k QFF bonus apply before 30 June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am closing my ANZ card this week as it turns out so this sounds good to me!

However, "Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions or when you transfer or close an existing ANZ credit card."

Has anyone had any experience with closing and reapplying and the length of time they like to have between these events to get the bonus points ?

However, "Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions or when you transfer or close an existing ANZ credit card."

Has anyone had any experience with closing and reapplying and the length of time they like to have between these events to get the bonus points ?

Would also be keen to know this so I can try the same :mrgreen:

Another credit card that I need to apply for ... it never ends.

This card comes with Travel Insurance and some other insurance, plus 1.5 points for every dollar spent on Amex. Not too bad for the price.

Points earn rate on eligible purchases (excluding cash equivalent transactions)
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum American Express credit card1.5 points[SUP]1[/SUP] = $1
ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Platinum credit card1 point[SUP]1[/SUP] = $2

• Points[SUP]1[/SUP] earned are automatically credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account every month.
  • Earn Bonus Points when you shop with our Bonus partners[SUP]1[/SUP]. Visit the ANZ Frequent Flyer rewards website to find out more.
  • Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership [SUP]12[/SUP].
  • Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance[SUP]2[/SUP].
  • ANZ Car Rental Cover[SUP]3[/SUP].
  • Concierge booking service[SUP]13[/SUP].
  • 90-day Purchase Security Insurance[SUP]7[/SUP] on most items bought with your credit cards.
  • Extended Warranty[SUP]7[/SUP].
  • Best Price Guarantee Scheme: Claim the difference if, within 21 days, you see what you've bought with your Platinum credit card advertised cheaper[SUP]8[/SUP].
  • Transport Accident Cover when travelling on a plane, tourist bus, train or ferry paid for with your Platinum credit card[SUP]9[/SUP].
  • Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance against unforeseen events including trip cancellation, flight delays and lost or stolen luggage for holidays of up to 14 days[SUP]10[/SUP].
  • Exclusive offers and benefits with entré for ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum American Express cardholders.
  • Access to Visa Platinum Concierge and Visa Platinum privileges.

Applied for the non platinum card for Mrs Nick as we really don't need to use it. Just requested a small limit and it was approved on the spot and cards arrived in 3 days. Better value than the platinum for the bonus points as well

Very easy process that went smoothly and another easy 20K in points on the way. Will probably do one for myself but want to cancel some other cards first

im surprised by the lack of content in this thread.. i'd have thought given the sign up bonus plenty of folk would have been all over it!!

or do anz have ridiculous credit criteria?

Very easy process that went smoothly and another easy 20K in points on the way. Will probably do one for myself but want to cancel some other cards first

just to add to this, i'm a new anz customer... i applied for the platinum card on thurs 16/05 and went to my mailbox today (20/05) and the cards were there - walked into a branch at lunch time to show my id, they set up my internet banking password, activated the card and let me select a PIN... done in 15 minutes and have already made my first "qualifying purchase" ... just waiting on the points to hit now :D

just to add to this, i'm a new anz customer... i applied for the platinum card on thurs 16/05 and went to my mailbox today (20/05) and the cards were there - walked into a branch at lunch time to show my id, they set up my internet banking password, activated the card and let me select a PIN... done in 15 minutes and have already made my first "qualifying purchase" ... just waiting on the points to hit now :D

Very similar story with me... Hope that 40,000K points will be there soon...

im surprised by the lack of content in this thread.. i'd have thought given the sign up bonus plenty of folk would have been all over it!!

or do anz have ridiculous credit criteria?
They were the easiest criteria when I applied for my firstone .... got a CC working at a supermarket 8 hours a week not that long ago.

40k for $295 is not bad.... but, not a real true bargain. Holding out for better offers running into June 30 and beyond

Iclosed my account 6 months ago reapplied today for a low credit limit and got instant approval.

20,000 QFF points for $95 are a bargain.

I have an existing ANZ low rate credit card but do not have an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card so think the bonus points still apply.

Do I need another credit card? Trying to leave some room for credit cards with low rate balance transfers.

Can anyone confirm whether a purchase was required to be made on this card before the points bonus applies? Cheers.

I did it last year, yes a general purchase needed to be made.

I will double check tomorrow my files to verify.

Also, just got myself the cheaper card (20k points), which said it needed a general purchase.

Cheers just activated the card so wasn't sure whether I needed to make a purchase to get the bonus. Will buy some lunch on the card tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm whether a purchase was required to be made on this card before the points bonus applies? Cheers.

A purchase must be made within 90 days of either approval or card activation seems to ring a bell. Penalties apply if the card is cancelled within a 6 month period. In other words sign on bonus points won't be credited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back