ANZ 10K [now 20k] bonus points offer extended with wording changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

binxi

Hi all

Love the forum, but first post!

Last month I wanted to apply for the ANZ freq flyer CC with the 10,000 bonus points but was told cause i was an existing ANZ credit card customer that the offer wasn't available to me. I tried to complain and didn't get anywhere. That offer expired on the 31 May.

Now I see they have the same offer expiring July but the wording seems to have changed and it says:

"The 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer applies only once per new ANZ Frequent Flyer account. You must apply by 31 July 2010 and make an eligible purchase after you are approved, to receive 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offers or promotions or when you transfer and close other ANZ credit card accounts."

As I now read it, even as an existing ANZ CC customer, I can apply and get the bonus points, as long as I don't close/transfer my rewards card at the same time?

I tried to ring but didn't really get a straight answer, so was wondering what others were thinking, and if they had tried this with the new offer?

Cheers

Binx.

Hi all

Love the forum, but first post!

Last month I wanted to apply for the ANZ freq flyer CC with the 10,000 bonus points but was told cause i was an existing ANZ credit card customer that the offer wasn't available to me. I tried to complain and didn't get anywhere. That offer expired on the 31 May.

Now I see they have the same offer expiring July but the wording seems to have changed and it says:

"The 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer applies only once per new ANZ Frequent Flyer account. You must apply by 31 July 2010 and make an eligible purchase after you are approved, to receive 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offers or promotions or when you transfer and close other ANZ credit card accounts."

As I now read it, even as an existing ANZ CC customer, I can apply and get the bonus points, as long as I don't close/transfer my rewards card at the same time?

I tried to ring but didn't really get a straight answer, so was wondering what others were thinking, and if they had tried this with the new offer?

Cheers

Binx.

Doese 10000 points really worth that annual fee? Try to reconsider again.

Doese 10000 points really worth that annual fee? Try to reconsider again.

Probably no outright, however I can get the fee waived as part of my home loan package with ANZ. Just pay the rewards membership ($55 I think), not the platinum annual fee.

Probably no outright, however I can get the fee waived as part of my home loan package with ANZ. Just pay the rewards membership ($55 I think), not the platinum annual fee.

En...seems ANZ is really stingy. I thought if you get a home loan package with them, they would also waive that rewards membership fee as well.

ANZ 10,000 bonus points offer extended with wording changes

Based on what you've posted and without checking the offer myself. I think you should be eligible if you don't transfer you're account.

I'd also suggest checking if there is time limit for keeping both accounts open. In case you will want to close one after a while.

Danger said:
binxi, can you please provide a link to the exact card on offer. Thank you.
As a first post they probably can't provide a link.

The ANZ website lists a bonus offer of 16000 points if applying by 12 august. And it seems to be for any of the frequent flyer cards. I can't type the link in using iPhone but it is a banner at the bottom of anz.com.au

There is nothing appearing in member specials at qantas website

Based on what you've posted and without checking the offer myself. I think you should be eligible if you don't transfer you're account.

I'd also suggest checking if there is time limit for keeping both accounts open. In case you will want to close one after a while.

Sounds like a great idea opening a new account, then closing the old one once you got the bonus points from the new card.

Never thought about that, but in the future if ANZ has any new card on offer with special bonuses (like the Rewards VISA offering double points for first 3 months back in April), will consider doing that.

And with the new promo of 16,000 points there is no mention of any spend being required, but they do say it can take 3 months to get the points.

I think I will get get one for me and one for the wife, then cancel them after a year. Not a bad deal 32,000 points for $190 ?

Just received a personalised offer for the 16k points. At .594c/point I'm considering. Better rate than the AMEX 50000 points promo earlier this year. Anyone have any positive/negative experiences with this card?

Yes I had one until they changed the points earn rate. The card was fine though and ANZ service was good on the few occasions I used them. I got rid of this one to get an Amex with that bonus offer earlier in the year but for a low fee basic QF earn card this ANZ one worked for me (on a spend of only about 30k per year)

Looks like it has been upped again to 20,000. $95 annual fee for the standard card. Bog standard 1pt/$2 visa and 1pt/$1 amex. Bonus works out to 0.475c/point.

Was actually looking at getting another card, though this doesn't really have anything going for it except the initial bonus. I've got a decent QFF stash but am looking to increase it significantly for the next 6 months.

What are people's opinions on this? Value is getting decent I think. I haven't applied for anything in years so can't see it doing any damage. Don't imagine I'd stay with them too long though.

Improved ANZ Frequent Flyer - Apply Now and Start Earning Qantas Frequent Flyer Points

edit: Oh and if you sign up through their regular web pages the bonus is only 16k... tsk tsk use the link above people!

Last edited:

IMO the qantas woolworths card is a better proposition. Currently 16000 bonus and 1 point per $ earn rate.

IMO the qantas woolworths card is a better proposition. Currently 16000 bonus and 1 point per $ earn rate.

I think all would agree.

However the point Josh was making was to just get the card for the 20,000 bonus., but to not then use it.

If you get this and the Everydaycard you get 36,000 points for $184. Handy for those that could use the extra points fora major award.

I think all would agree.

However the point Josh was making was to just get the card for the 20,000 bonus., but to not then use it.

If you get this and the Everydaycard you get 36,000 points for $184. Handy for those that could use the extra points fora major award.

Fair enough, just wasn't sure if he'd seen the other card is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back