any seen a deal for new altitude platinum plus supp card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumof2sydney

Hi - I am a schmuck who is paying $250 pa for the privelege of citbank plat plus $90 for supp card pa whilst everyone else got it for free. Decided to kill that card and move to altitude - listed rate is $295 pa for plat card - before i sign up - can anyone share what deals they have done to switch?? (trying not to get caught again)

Funny you should ask, although my story isn't likely to help you.

I have a loan with Westpac, and I qualify for a free Gold Altitude card. On a whim, I just rang them up and asked nicely "so what kind of deal can you do for me on a platinum" to which the girl replied "oh, on the rocket loan Platinum is free too."
"What about a supp card?"
"Free as well."

:shock:

So I'm like "OK, let's do it!" We go through a few questions, and then: "do you mind if I put you on hold, I'm having trouble with the fee-free", so I'm thinking "uh-oh" but when she comes back from hold she continues like nothing's happened and everything's OK.

Now I ain't counting my chickens before they're hatched. My application was sent for "further assessment" so Westpac still has a chance of escape if this really was a bungle. I'll post back when I hear back from them either way, but if I get it I'll be laughing.

Oh by the way, there's a deal where if you're signing up as a new customer, you get 15k rewards points upon first use of the card. Make sure that you confirm that with them before you sign up. That will ease the pain of joining a little bit, if nothing else.

thanks zyss - our problem - we have a loan with st george (who are now owned by westpac)- we have asked for them to refer us for a sweet deal - and have been given the cold shoulder....hmm - anyone else come in cold with a deal?

thanks zyss - our problem - we have a loan with st george (who are now owned by westpac)- we have asked for them to refer us for a sweet deal - and have been given the cold shoulder....hmm - anyone else come in cold with a deal?
Yeah, you might be out of luck there, since they've always stated that they intend to keep the two businesses separate for now. Although, having said that, have you tried ringing Westpac Credit Card sales? The magic number that I called to get mine (which has been approved, by the way) was 1300 360 766. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back