AMEX Transfer Bonus to Qantas FF - 10% to 25% - from 22nd - 31 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueythecat

Received this via email this morning from Qantas:

It's that time again! Simply transfer your credit or charge card rewards points^ to Qantas Points between 22 and 31 August 2016, and you'll receive a bonus of up to 25% more Qantas Points*. Here's how it works:
Bonus PointsPoints Transferred
25% more Qantas PointsOver 1,000,000 Qantas Points
20% more Qantas Points500,000 to 999,999 Qantas Points
15% more Qantas Points100,000 to 499,999 Qantas Points
10% more Qantas PointsLess than 99,999 Qantas Points

You can make multiple transfers - the more points you transfer, the bigger your bonus! Refer to the table above to see how many bonus Qantas Points you could receive based on the total amount transferred between 22 and 31 August 2016*.

Transferring is easy

Visit the points transfer page of your credit or charge card provider's website or phone the number on the back of your card.

We are sending you this offer as you have transferred rewards points earned on a credit or charge card to Qantas Points in the past. The applicable Card Partner pays Qantas in respect of Qantas Points issued in relation to a Card. Credit or charge card rewards points are offered by the relevant Card Partner and their reward program and accrue in accordance with the relevant Card Partner's reward program terms and conditions and the redemption of credit or charge card rewards points to Qantas Points is subject to those terms and conditions. You must be enrolled in the applicable reward program to transfer credit or charge card rewards points to Qantas Points. Minimum thresholds and other restrictions (such as number of transfers in a particular period) may apply. Once credit or charge card rewards points are transferred to Qantas Points they are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions and cannot be reversed.

* This offer is available to the recipient of this email only. Bonus Qantas Points will only be awarded for transfers of credit or charge card rewards points to Qantas Points that take place between 12:00am (AEST) 22 August and 11:59pm (AEST) 31 August 2016. Bonus Qantas Points will be rounded up to the nearest whole Qantas Point. Please allow up to 15 days after the offer has closed for the bonus Qantas Points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account with the description 'Card Transfer Bonus'.

^ This offer is not applicable to any card products listed at qantas.com/cards, or other credit or charge products where the Card Partner automatically transfers your credit or charge card reward points to Qantas Points on your behalf on a monthly basis.

In my case this applies to the AMEX Plat Charge - which I've transferred from before. According to the text it is probably valid for the very few other cards that offer a transfer option to Qantas (ie non direct earn) too, but perhaps only if you've transferred previously. No sign-up link but the T&C's at the bottom seem to imply the offer is targeted.

Not as good as the offer from a couple of months ago when the bonus rate was 15-30%. Still better than nothing though and good to see these offers coming up relatively frequently. Whilst I'm not a big user of QFF points anymore, post mASA removal and Simpler and Fairer, it is good to have the option to transfer to Qantas from AMEX (with a bonus) if I ever need to.

If you want to trigger these offers, and you have an AMEX card that allows transfers to Qantas (eg the Platinum Charge Card), I would recommend making a small (the min should be fine) transfer to Qantas. When I did this I started to receive these offers when they came up.

Last edited:
Not sure if you can re-title this as being a targeted promotion? Anyone that can take advantage of this would probably have already seen the email, and everyone else is out of luck. I don't see any mention of this on my Amex Plat rewards section or anywhere when I log into QF FF.

I see in their fine print, they note that it can take up to 15 days for the bonus points to be credited. That's cough if you are trying to get an (already scarce) award booking made. When VA had the same promotion recently, the bonus was credited at the same time as the transferred points.

Not sure if you can re-title this as being a targeted promotion? Anyone that can take advantage of this would probably have already seen the email, and everyone else is out of luck. I don't see any mention of this on my Amex Plat rewards section or anywhere when I log into QF FF.

I see in their fine print, they note that it can take up to 15 days for the bonus points to be credited. That's cough if you are trying to get an (already scarce) award booking made. When VA had the same promotion recently, the bonus was credited at the same time as the transferred points.

Sorry I can't seem to change the title, might be user error on my part, or it might not be an option.

Whilst the offer does appear to be targeted I can imagine a few people who would be eligible may not have received the email, due to spam filters or email subscription preferences etc. I'd also never heard of these offers until I saw someone post them on hear once, at that point I transferred 2000 pts to Qantas (no bonus credited), but since then I seem to have received these offers pretty regularly. Without someone having posted about it, I for one, would have never known such offers even existed.

Last promotion the extra points took about 3 weeks to post - unlike VA where they were very quick to post. I agree it is annoying that the bonus points take a long time to post - just another annoyance with QFF that makes it look unattractive when compared to many other programs. Still I'm sure some people will make good use of this offer.

Confirming I received an email yesterday, but also a physical letter from QF in the post today.

It is definitely targeted towards anyone who has previously made a transfer from a credit card promotion into Qantas. I transferred the minimum 2,000 points from my Ascent Premium account into QF around a month ago in order to access these offers (this was after reading about a 30% bonus promotion over at Point Hacks). Given the offer has been a flat 30% in the past, I'll be giving this one a miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back