AMEX 'refer a friend' 3 x July 'Refer a Friend' promo - a few queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelee

Hi all

I have a couple of questions about the AMEX 'refer a friend' July bonus points promo.

In relation to eligibility dates for the promo, the AMEX terms and conditions state: "Refer your friends by 31 July 2016 and for each friend who applies using your referral link by 15 August 2016 and is approved, you will earn <xx> points."

In relation to the cap, the terms and conditions go on to say: “The amount of Bonus Points you may receive under the 'Refer a Friend' program for this <xx> and <xx> Bonus Points offer (Bonus Points amount dependant on card held) is capped at 200,000 points for referrals made between 1 July 2016 to 31 July 2016. This cap is in addition to the 200,000 point cap you receive for the year under the 'Refer a Friend' program.

So, does this mean that between today and 15th August, we can still earn the 3 x points, or did this end yesterday?

And further to the above, does the referral cap re-set today (meaning that anyone who has already earned a full 200,000 points with the special July cap could technically go on to earn another 200,000 points in the next 15 days under the standard yearly ‘Refer a Friend’ cap)?

Cheers

Yes that is definitely my understanding - you could earn 200k points in July and then 200k pts in the rest of the calendar year (ie outside of July).

You've certainly done well to reach your 200k pts referral cap for July!! :)

I referred my wife to the Velocity Platinum Amex last night as I currently hold the card. She has been approved etc

I am wondering can I get rid of the card now? $0 balance so would like to move it on but wondering if I am best to just wait until her 100k points have posted etc?

I referred my wife to the Velocity Platinum Amex last night as I currently hold the card. She has been approved etc

I am wondering can I get rid of the card now? $0 balance so would like to move it on but wondering if I am best to just wait until her 100k points have posted etc?

I think I'd wait, at least want to wait until your referral points have swept across for her application.

I think I'd wait, at least want to wait until your referral points have swept across for her application.

Yeah that's what Im thinking. Now to teach her to use the Velocity Amex instead of Plat Edge for the next month or so! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back