Amex Platinum Edge - Earn Rate Threshold

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessed11

Hi all,

I was just having a look to the Amex Platinum Edge Credit Card and cannot seem to see anywhere that states there is an Earn Rate Threshold. For example, the Platinum Charge Card sates:

Earn rate threshold is 300,000 points per year, reverting to 0.5 to 1 point[SUP]6[/SUP] per $1 spent thereafter.

Further, the Platinum Reserve Credit Card states:

Earn rate threshold is 150,000 points per year, reverting to 0.5 to 1 point per $1 spent thereafter.

I've briefly spoken to my RM a few months ago who mentioned this card to me after I complained about the 'enhanced' earning structure, though it fell off the radar during the xmas rush. Can someone please confirm if there is a threshold and what it is.

Cheers

I'm sure the edge card is pathetically low like about $150 k pa but I wouldn't swear on it. Amex is a broken product.

Thanks. I'd assume the same.
Just find it odd that the platinum charge/reserve both state an earn threshold and edge doesn't. I'll give my RM a call on Monday and see what the story is

Terms & conditions of Membership Rewards does not mention any maximum amount of points you can earn.

Looking at Platinum Reserve, the maximum number of points seems to have disappeared. Was it changed / removed after 01 Oct 2012?

There are a few American Express cards with no points cap. I have enquired about this over the phone with Amex.

The platinum edge is capless. There is no cap on points and no caps on bonus points.
This is also true for the David Jones Amex, the Qantas Amex and Velocity Amex cards, green and gold charge card.

The Qantas and Velocity Amex are good options for paying ATO taxes to get the full base points whilst on platinum edge you only get half a point on ATO taxes.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back