AMEX platinum charge - Marco Polo Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

fersea

Hello,

I know this has been touched on before but I am looking for a definitive answer as at the current time.

Does the Amex platinum card still provide Marco Polo Gold?

I am looking to do a 140k RTW next year and my girlfriend may be doing the same. However she will need about 80k points so the bonus points are attractive. I think we could probably get the 80k points for about $700 through a couple of other cards but at $1200 for the Amex it is probably worth the extra $500 for Marco polo gold and the platinum pass plus the free flight through the credit card.

However it seems difficult to get the definitive answer on whether this benefit still exists.

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks

Yes, it is definitely still available. Once the platinum charge card has been received you can enrol in a range of benefits, Marco Polo gold included.

I just applied last month and I can see I have gold status on my Asia Miles account.

I have yet to receive the card and mail which takes a few weeks.

FYI

Was pleased to receive the the card in the mail on Friday with the Gold Tags :)

I applied tonight after receiving my platinum card. Let's see how long it takes for the Asia Miles account to turn gold and the tags to arrive!!

I am now a Gold Frequent Flyer for the first time in my life!!

Applied 25 October, was on the website earlier this week (I think it started 30 October) received tags and card today (7 Nov) after I just got home from a QF flight and being in SYD airport Qantas Club.

After the due date of mpc gold, do we need to fill in the form online again to get gold again or will it automatically renew assuming I keep my charge card?? My mpc gold expires in feb 2014.

After the due date of mpc gold, do we need to fill in the form online again to get gold again or will it automatically renew assuming I keep my charge card?? My mpc gold expires in feb 2014.

Unless you have re-qualified for Gold by milles or sectors you sink like a stone. It's a one year offer. Ring AMEX and ask them.

Unless you have re-qualified for Gold by milles or sectors you sink like a stone. It's a one year offer. Ring AMEX and ask them.

That's not so, in my case. I've had two renewals without having flown CX for over six years.

Hi foreigner, did you have to fill in the form each time at expiry? Or renews automatically as long as you hold the charge card? And if auto when does it renew after expiry? Days after you get sent a card?

Hi foreigner, did you have to fill in the form each time at expiry? Or renews automatically as long as you hold the charge card? And if auto when does it renew after expiry? Days after you get sent a card?

Haven't had to fill in forms again. I don't even think about it. When new one comes, with tags, I just cut up and chuck old card. Current card expires Sep 2014. Maybe card renews as I have points parked in Asia Miles. Dunno, for sure.

That's not so, in my case. I've had two renewals without having flown CX for over six years.

Correct but the deal changed this year so it became a one year only offer. Same with MP Diamond/Centurion.

If per chance you find that in the future you are slipping through the system then that's good fortune only.

Correct but the deal changed this year so it became a one year only offer. Same with MP Diamond/Centurion.

If per chance you find that in the future you are slipping through the system then that's good fortune only.

The platinum charge card was renewed after the fee went up and so the Marco Polo club renewal seems, for once, good fortune, albeit a small one.

I get the feeling from having read about this on a few forums that it is an offer that is in a state of flux. i.e. no promises given but certainly possible. Just do not bank on it I guess.

The end is near my friends. Received a letter today saying my Marco polo gold would get a free extension for 7 months. After this point, all platinum cardholders would need to qualify for the gold by flying at least 30k miles or 20 club sectors. Even more reason to not renew the platinum card next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back