AMEX Platinum Business Charge Card - Insurance PDS CHANGED Effective 1 October 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

It appears that the Platinum Business Charge Card is the latest AMEX card to have their insurance benefits dropped.

https://secure.cmax.americanexpress...sandconditions/SBSPlatinum/THEPLATINUM_v1.pdf

On a quick glance, some of the key changes include:
- Adding an Excess of $250 for Medical, Baggage, Resumption of Journey, Purchase Protection Cover, Travel Cancellation coverage.
- Travel Cancellation cover terms have had a significant rewrite.
- Changing the definition of pre existing medical condition (as per Platinum Charge) to exclude any previous cardiovascular or circulatory condition.

There are probably many more significant changes to consider, I just haven't had the chance to look through it completely.

It will still cover all of the supplementaries and activation Is the same (I.e no need to pay for the trip on your card).

I will have to have a complete read through it first... but based on the pre-existing medical condition exclusion ... this looks like it will be another AMEX that goes in the bin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back