Amex Platinum “Please pay by” date

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Just wondering if someone here can she some light on the Platinum “Please pay by” date.

I use the personal card for business payments and this month might not be able to pay by the date shown on the online portal as I am waiting for funds to hit my business account later in the week past the please pay by date.
Is there still additional time to settle the balance as it was the case a few years ago i think its 2 weeks?
just preparing myself if i need to scramble for some cash to make the payment or if it is ok to pay the following week without penalties Or the worst them cancelling the card 😵

Thank you

Just wondering if someone here can she some light on the Platinum “Please pay by” date.

I use the personal card for business payments and this month might not be able to pay by the date shown on the online portal as I am waiting for funds to hit my business account later in the week past the please pay by date.
Is there still additional time to settle the balance as it was the case a few years ago i think its 2 weeks?
just preparing myself if i need to scramble for some cash to make the payment or if it is ok to pay the following week without penalties Or the worst them cancelling the card 😵

Thank you

AFAIK if you miss the due date, you've effectively defaulted on your card.

As for how it goes with the personal Platinum Card:

If you don’t pay the amount payable by the due date you’ll be charged a late payment fee on your next bill. 3% of whatever amount is late.

When the late fee is charged, call up Amex and ask for the fee to be reversed; they should say yes to this if your account is otherwise in good standing.

Just make sure that late balance is paid by the time your next statement is generated. Usually about 2 weeks after the due date.

Last edited:
Back