AMEX Plat Edge Free with Gold Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchy123

Although this is not really a promo, AMEX told me yesterday they offer Plat Edge Free if you have the Gold Charge.

This equates to a free flight, so worth looking into.

this is great. i called amex about this the first person didnt know anything about it but i thing the new applications dept confirmed it. i wonder if business charge cards or the green personal charge card also qualify for the AMEX Plat Edge Free ? this is cheaper in annual fee if you apply for the gold charge card first $130 and not join any programs as they cost extra as opposed to if you apply for a AMEX Plat Edge cd directly the fee is $149. I was told by them that new amex applicants are only allowed to hold 2 amex credit card accounts and a charge card. so if i was to apply for the gold charge card and take up this offer of a free AMEX Plat Edge card i would need to convert one of my other amex cards over. does anyone know if this is in fact true and their new policy of only a max of 2 credit cards allowed for new applicants. those existing card holders with more then 2 amex credit cards you are lucky and should hold on to that benifit . thus if you are going to cancel a card just convert it for a no annual fee amex card to take advantage of any future promos. btw are there any current promos where you can get sign up bonus points and a cheaper or a no annaul fee charge card?

Last edited:
yep, I got a call from Amex to offer me a free Amex Plat Edge card with no annual fee as far I keep my Gold charge card but will earn up to 3 points per dollar with the plat card and one free domestic flight. It seen to be a good deal, not sure whether I can get this free 20000 points and whether Plat Edge have free buyer advantage cover ( like the gold charge card did) on item puchased with the card ( like warranty extension/lost/broken cover).

yep, I got a call from Amex to offer me a free Amex Plat Edge card with no annual fee as far I keep my Gold charge card but will earn up to 3 points per dollar with the plat card and one free domestic flight. It seen to be a good deal, not sure whether I can get this free 20000 points and whether Plat Edge have free buyer advantage cover ( like the gold charge card did) on item puchased with the card ( like warranty extension/lost/broken cover).
if you can get a Gold Charge card free through an affinity partner i wonder if they would still let you get the complimentary edge card free too? anyway its probably cheaper to apply for a Gold charge card if its annual fee is less then $149 then to apply for the Edge card. rictronic, only the Charge cards offer free buyer advantage cover not amex credit cards as far as i known. btw do you have a personal or business charge card? im thinking of getting a business charge gold card and it would be great to known if i too could get the free Plat edge card complementary with it.

I had to cancel a card to get my edge as i already had two. But my sister has 4 AMEX cards. She earns and spends a lot more than i do tho ......

I have the plat charge and the free reserve and the edge for $99 both these get me a free virgin flight.

I had to pay the full $149 to keep the plat edge, I have the plat charge and reserve as well. Did you need to push them to give all 3 for $99 + $900 (plat charge)?

I have the plat charge and the free reserve and the edge for $99 both these get me a free virgin flight.

I had to pay the full $149 to keep the plat edge, I have the plat charge and reserve as well. Did you need to push them to give all 3 for $99 + $900 (plat charge)?
yes I pay 900 plus 99
I had an AMP card and a gold credit and I got the plat all of a sudden I had 3 plat cards
I didnt even know about it till I saw a $99 charge so I called them and they said oh you should keep it as you get 2 virgin free flights
so i figured that for $99 it was worth it for a free flight.
I will be cancelling the 900 card in oct.so unless they are very nice and give me a 50% reduction-

so i imagine the other card will drop off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back