Status
Not open for further replies.

yaksha98

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Hi all, anyone have experience with AMEX MR to SPG points transfers?

I submitted mine on the 15th Dec, and after a week, nothing was posted to my SPG account.

Called them on the 22nd Dec and customer service advised the points have been sent, but not sure why it hasn't posted to my SPG account yet.

Reconfirmed my SPG member number was correct, and they have said they will open an investigation into it.

The AMEX reward site says 3 business days for transfers.... bit annoying as I have some redemption opportunity I want to take advantage of immediately.

Any one else had issues like this?

I did a TF last week and the TF was completed overnight

I did a few in the last 30 days on both my and my partner's accounts and got the points within 2 days.

I did one about 10days ago which didn't go through. I did another one 3days later which went through overnight.

I rang the Australia based MR number who cancelled and restarted the transaction, got it the next day. Ring them on 1300 363 276.

The normal AMEX number on the back of my card goes to the Philippines and they just gave me the "wait a few more days line." It clearly broke down.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that number a go tomorrow. Although when I did ring the number on the back of the card the first time, I got through to an Australian based customer rep :)

I did two transfers and both posted on the following business day

I must be super unlucky. Did another transfer 3 days ago that also hasn't come through.

At least this seems easier to get resolved than my MR to MR points transfer I submitted more than 2 weeks ago that still hasn't gone through despite 2 follow-ups.

Is your name spelled slightly differently or something? Maybe a middle name in some but not others, or some sort of other data mismatch?

Good idea I'll check. However, my name is one of the more easily spelled names around so it's unlikely.

Just makes no sense that I've had 4 or 5 transfers go through no worries at all and suddenly around Christmas time I have 2/3 stutter to a hault!

Quick update...

So the points actually re-posted back to my AMEX MR account on the 30th Dec, and I didn't realise until I looked at the account yesterday.

I had to call AMEX to find out WTF is going on... and they had no idea.

So they've initiated the transfer to SPG again today, and the customer service rep said they would monitor by the 3rd business day and get back to me.

So, this debacle has gone like this;

15th Dec - did transfer to SPG
22nd Dec - a week later, nothing, called AMEX and they opened investigation
28th Dec - another week later, still nothing and AMEX said they are still investigating...
30th Dec - points reposted to my AMEX account, and no call or word from AMEX
2nd Jan - finally realise points are back to my account
3rd Jan - called AMEX to find out WTF is going on...

Pretty poor experience so far to be honest. Will write a complaint in to their email I think.

Yea, I'm going through the same. My transfer from Dec 26 still hasn't come through :S

Not to mention my MR to MR transfer from Dec 16 which still hasn't been completed. Once those points come through I'm going to cancel that account and demand an annual fee refund. Waaay too many hassles in the last month.

Feels a bit bad form to bump an old thread but I'm having the same issue.
Previous transfers to SPG have been near instant (next day at worst) but this one was sent last week and still hasn't posted. Guess I just call AMEX to sort it right?

I just transferred today. You’ve got me nervous now :s.

Does anyone have any info on what is happening for Amex au from August with regard to SPG/Marriott transfers?

When I initiated the transfer on the weekend, it took about 2 working days to complete. But when I initiated the transfer on a work day, it was done overnight.
That has been my experience.

Aaannnddd my points just posted.

Had to phone up. The rep cancelled it and put it through again - was there only a few hours later.
Looks like you can just get a dud sometimes.

Does anyone have any info on what is happening for Amex au from August with regard to SPG/Marriott transfers?

Also curious to know what option we have for AMEX AU after 1st AUG . i am looking to clear my amex balance to spg in July .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back