Amex David Jones card 1000 points promo - 3x $50 transaction at the supermarkets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mini2

Established Member
Dont think you need to opt in. Limited to once per card. And the blurb stated...:

Cardmembers will earn 1,000 Bonus Points when three separate transactions, each to the value of AU$50 or more, are made in Australia at ‘major supermarkets’ (specified in Clause 1) in Australia during the Promotion Period. Eligible purchases must be charged to the specific David Jones American Express Credit Card issued by American Express Australia Limited (“American Express”). A maximum of 1,000 Bonus Points can be earned during the promotion.

http://www.davidjones.com.au/images/Tile-Images/DJF0024_Tile-242x320?width=242&height=320&ext=.jpg

Dont think you need to opt in. Limited to once per card. And the blurb stated...:

Cardmembers will earn 1,000 Bonus Points when three separate transactions, each to the value of AU$50 or more, are made in Australia at ‘major supermarkets’ (specified in Clause 1) in Australia during the Promotion Period. Eligible purchases must be charged to the specific David Jones American Express Credit Card issued by American Express Australia Limited (“American Express”). A maximum of 1,000 Bonus Points can be earned during the promotion.

http://www.davidjones.com.au/images/Tile-Images/DJF0024_Tile-242x320?width=242&height=320&ext=.jpg

did this offer end on dec 31 2010? are there any other current offers?

Yep, it has ended already and don't know any new deals (my DJ card got replaced by a Plat charge..)

Yep, it has ended already and don't know any new deals (my DJ card got replaced by a Plat charge..)
thanks. i just reinstated my DJ card recently and got the current 30k points promo after asking for it. btw are you allowed to upgrade a DJ card to a Plat charge? i didnt think you could transfer a amex credit card account to charge account?

thanks. i just reinstated my DJ card recently and got the current 30k points promo after asking for it. btw are you allowed to upgrade a DJ card to a Plat charge? i didnt think you could transfer a amex credit card account to charge account?

You can always change cards, however, it is not as seamless because the card is operated as a joint venture and is managed separately. Don't expect to have an easy time getting a fee waiver on the DJs Amex if you do get the Platinum charge either. Your membership rewards will be separate if you do make the transition because DJs Amex precludes Qantas transfers. Unlike with a corporate charge and personal charge card, for example, you can't transfer points between Ascent Premium (Plat Charge) and DJs Membership Rewards. I'd keep the DJs Amex the bonus point promo's are frequent and plentiful for purchases I'd make anyway!

I've just applied for it elsewhere.

You can always change cards, however, it is not as seamless because the card is operated as a joint venture and is managed separately.

Yep, I've got told on numerous occasions that the DJ points cannot be transferred across to Ascent Premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back